Monday, September 3, 2012

Merry Monday Challenge Week #31

Hello & Happy Monday!

It's Labor Day here and hopefully it'll be a nice relaxing day here at the Aungst residence!
Today is also my birthday!
 
My kids threw a family party last nite to celebrate my Dad's recent birthday, my son in law, Berto, and my birthday. Unfortunately, my Dad ended up very sick and unable to get out of bed. I'm very bummed about that because I was looking forward to celebrating his special day! He has this medical condition where his legs swell and then he ends up sick for a day or 2. I'm not sure what the condition is called but over the years it has become quite serious, so i'm a bit concerned. Anyways, both my brother's came with their wives and the kids with my hubby all helped to celebrate. Was a good day!

So, here we are at another Merry Monday! Lesley has another neat sketch for us this week. Pop on over to her blog, Always Playing With Paper and check out what the other Merry Makers have created this week. I also hope you can find some time this week to pull out those Christmas supplies and play along!

Here is the sketch and my sample....




Merry Monday Challenge Week #31 Card:

Stamps: Stampendous Sentiment
Ink: Memento Black, Copic Markers
Cardstock: Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Neenah White, Holly Berry Bouquet DSP (retired), Red Glitter Paper
Accessories: Circle & Scallop Circle Nestibilties, Itty Bitty Dies (SU), Frosted Glass Beads, Holly & Ribbons EF, Dimensionals, 2 Sided Tape


I went with a Christmas Thank You card because I usually need these durning the holidays to send out to people or customers have a need for them. I really liked this sketch and was quite pleased that it did not take long at all to create. Thanks Lesley for some super awesome sketches! These make it so helpful on getting these cards made for the holidays and I promise I won't be stressed this year! :)

Well, that is all for today!
Off to enjoy the day with hubby!

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
Oh and Happy Labor Day!
~Wendy

11 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Wendy, Lovely card for this sketch. I love that embossing in your background. I love that your have glittered "ribbons". I'm sorry to hear that your Dad wasn't up to celebrating, but I'm glad you had a pretty good time anyway. Happy Birthday to you.

Terry said...

Happy Birthday! I hope your day is a special one. I love the embossing on your card, and the bling really is amazing! I'm now following your blog and hope you'll follow mine at http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com.

Hugs,

Terry (FD)

Marie Bingaman said...

Great card Wendy! I hope you're enjoying your Labor Day, whatever you're doing! :)

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous card, Wendy ! I love those glimmer paper banners. Hope your dad feels better soon!

Lesley said...

So pretty and fresh Wendy!!! Happy you had such a fabulous birthday!!!

Bonnie said...

Another beauty, Wendy! I love that embossing and sparkle! Great idea to do a Christmas thank you. They're always needed!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card Wendy. I love all the wonderful texture and frosted glass beads. Happy belated Birthday :). I hope you dad is feeling better.

Rose Ann said...

Such a beautiful sketch card, Wendy!! I love all of the great texture and pretty sparkle!!

I hope you had a wonderful birthday, and I read about your father over at Facebook. I'll be praying that everything goes well with the pacemaker. ♥ Hugs!!

Carol L said...

First of all, Happy Belated Birthday! I hope it was a great celebration for you!
Sorry your dad isn't feeling his best, but hopefully your holiday weekend went well.
I absolutely LOVE the dsp you used on your card, and I think I like the sentiment even more! All that bling looks great too! What a great kind of card to send to those who take the time to make your Christmas special!

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!! I might lift your idea to make some thank you's! I'm ahead on Christmas cards but will be scrambling for TY cards!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is such a gorgeous blinged out Christmas card Wendy! Love it!