Saturday, September 29, 2012

Dynamic Duos Color Challenge #22

Hello & Happy Saturday!

Hope your all enjoying your weekend so far!
It's been a busy one around the Aungst Pad today! Woke way too early for a Saturday morning but someone had to be up to make sure Kelsey got up for work! Then I moved on to laundry, breakfast, straightening up and running the vaccum! You know the saying, "A mother's work is NEVER done"! After all that was done, I checked out the Dynamic Duos Blog to see what this week's colors were and headed downstairs to play!

Here is this week's colors & my samples......
 My color choice is......Gumball Green!!!




I have been decorating some gift bags for the holidays and when I seen today's challenge I reached for this Be Of Good Cheer DSP ! It's so pretty & very festive! I don't have much left! I was gonna attach a card or tag onto the handles of the bag but sometimes they just get ripped off by accident so I did something different. I attached the card/tag directly to the bag. I made a few like this in the past couple of weeks which I will share once it gets closer to the holidays but I really like the card/tag directly on the front because then you do not have to worry about it getting toren off or lost. I also thought about adding a paper bow but again I was afraid it would get smashed or toren off. 


DD#22 Gift Bag & Card/Tag:

Stamps: Chock Full of Cheer, Christmas Punch
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green, Very Vanilla, Be of Good Cheer DSP
Accessories: SU Scallop Oval Punch, MS Pine Needle Border Punch, Gumball Green Ribbon, Frosted Glass Rhinestones, Dimensionals, 2 Sided Tape


Well, that is all for today!
Heading out soon on a surprise evening out with Amy, Edgar & baby Dominic. They are treating Shawn & I to an evening out for all the babysitting we've been doing for them. I have no idea what the surprise is. Was told to dress warm and bring a flashlight!! LOL

Thanks for stopping by & have a great weekend!
~Wendy

4 comments:

Carol L said...

Sounds like perhaps you're heading out for a good old fashioned hay ride :) FUN!
Great idea to attach the card to the bag this way! Love it!

JD/ Jill said...

Great project for the challenge. My daughter has an ornament party every year before Christmas. I think this year makes 15 in a row (You can tell it's pretty popular) I got tired of making and receiving ornaments, so I asked her if we could change the rules a bit, and she did, now you can bring things other than ornaments for the Christmas exchange, just so it's handmade. So two years ago, I made gift bags for the exhange.. similar to yours, they were a big hit.

Michelle said...

This is completelly wonderful! It looks like a giant wrapped present! Love the pine border punch! Thanks for sharing this with us at Dynamic Duos!

Melissa said...

This is so pretty, Wendy! I love the pine needle punched border...so fun!!! :) Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!