Thursday, March 31, 2016

Sympathy Card for a Friend

Hello & Happy Thursday!

Today is the last day of March.

I recently needed a Sympathy card for a friend.
 I had a card in my favorites for quite awhile that my friend, LeAnne Pugliese had created. She makes the nicest cards! I cased her card with some changes.





Smoky Slate is a hard color to capture with the camera but I love it's soft color!
My background panel is embossed with the Fluttering EF. It's a 6X6 size so it covers alot of area! 
I made a tag out of my main focus panel using the Ornate Tag Topper Punch (love that thing!). My butterflies are from the Papillion Potpourri set that I stamped in Smoky Slate and the sentiment is done in Basic Gray. I added a few rhinestones for interest and a Daffodil Delight Stitched Ribbon tied on with a piece of White Baker's Twine. The tag was attached with Tombow Liquid so my card was flat for mailing.

Thank you, LeAnne for your inspiration!

Sympathy Card:

Stamps: Papillion Potpourri, Perfect Pairs (sentiment)
Ink: Smoky Slate, Basic Gray
Cardstock: Smoky Slate, Whisper White, All Is Calm DSP (retired)
Accessories:Fluttering EF, Ornate Tag Topper, Daffodil Delight Stitched Ribbon, White Baker's Twine, Rhinestones, Tombow Liquid

That's it for today!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

2 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

Perfect sympathy card, I love the gray tones!

D'Ann said...

Love how this is understatedly elegant and so pretty! That pop of yellow is a nice touch. Great use of Christmas dsp. :)