Saturday, November 12, 2016

Memory Box Ornament

Hello & Happy Saturday!

Welcome to the weekend.....finally!

This week seemed especially long with the elections and with everyday life!
I'm happy that the phone has stopped ringing every 30 minutes but now the tv commercials have shifted from political stuff to Christmas! I'm not sure which is worse! Haha!

I took the last 2 days and tore my house apart and cleaned from top to bottom. All the laundry has been done & put away! All the bedding & extra blankets have been washed. I only have some things that need ironed yet but that can wait!

Today I have a notebook to share. I thought I had everything ready for the Christmas show then i was rooting in my iris cart drawers and found a whole slew of spiral bound notebooks that I had no idea I had! That threw my schedule off a few days since I wanted to get them recovered & decorated to sell.
I have always loved tearing apart these spiral bound notebooks and recovering them with dsp and decorating them! Over the last few years the spiral bound notebooks have become harder & harder to find. I believe these ones I found came from AC Moore.



I used dsp that is from Hobby Lobby. It's so pretty in these colors!
My gold foil ornament is a die that i have been sitting on for ATLEAST 2 years. I decided to use the gold foil paper so it pops off the page and stands out against that pretty paper. I added a piece of gold twine that I made into a bow. I decided not to add a sentiment. I was quite pleased at how nicely this die cut from the gold foil paper. Like butter!

Gold Foil Ornament Notebook:

Stamps: none
Ink: none
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Garden Green, Gold Foil Paper, DSP from Hobby Lobby (The Paper Studio)
Accessories: Memory Box Ornament Die, Gold Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals, Fine Point Glue Pen

************************************

My thoughts today.....


Yikes!

I'm headed out later this morning to do some shopping! 
Time to start picking away at the Christmas shopping before the stores get crazy!
I love Christmas but hate how crazy everything gets as the holidays get closer.
Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?


That is all for me today!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
~Wendy

3 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You totally rock this special projects. That is a lovely Memory Box die. Hope you are keeping warm.

Carol L said...

I love these notebooks and matching pens you make, and whoever buys them has a handy little notebook for jotting down reminder notes all year long! The gold ornament is beautiful and I especially like that tiny little bow! So pretty! Our tv political ads have shifted back to pharmaceutical ads every time there's a commercial break........aack! I may give myself a gift this Christmas and have the tv service terminated to get away from the nuisance ads completely!
Happy Saturday!

Vicki Burdick said...

Just love these notebooks Wendy!!