Friday, April 27, 2018

Butterfly Basics

Hello & Happy Friday!

A rainy day is on tap again so I will most likely be in my craft room most of the day.
I am working on some card kits to share with my friends next week and I always enjoy creating cards for us to make! 

Yesterday I sat and made a card for a Facebook Live Challenge from over at Debbie Henderson's blog. She was a teammate of mine when we were both on the Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge.
I visit her blog almost everyday and have reconnected with her. She does Facebook Live where she teaches card classes and many different techniques. I have learned how to do the Smooching Technique thru her and this is the card I made for her card class.

Every week she gives her watchers measurements for cardstock and gives suggestions for a stamp set so that people can stamp along with her. For this card she asked for the Dragonfly Dreams set which I did not have so I pulled out my Butterfly Basics stamp set which happens to be retiring soon.




Card Details:

Stamps: Butterfly Basics
Ink: Perfect Plum, Pink Pirouette
Cardstock: Perfect Plum, Pink Pirouette, Glossy
Accessories: Spritzer Bottle with Rubbing Alcohol, Truly Tailored Tag Punch, Rhinestones, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I was happy to find a pack of Glossy cardstock from way back in 2002!
It came from Stampin Up! and back then we just had a small tag on it with the item number, nothing like we have today! 

I am quite happy with this card!
I am going to try to recreate something to make with my stamp friends next week.
I think they will enjoy something different!

Thanks Debbie for teaching this class! I enjoyed it!

************************************************************
My thoughts today....


That is all for now!
Thanks for stopping by & have yourself a great day!
~Wendy

3 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This came out so awesome! I love watching videos, and learning. I just wish I would remember to go back and use what I learned more often. Love the color combo!

Carol L said...

WOW! This is one stunning creation and I LOVE how you made the background with all those different layers and elements! You learned that technique quite well and I love the overall look and color combination! It's beautiful! May your day be filled with the same things you wished for us :)

Janice M said...

LOVE the background that you created! I've recently started playing around with a Gelli plate making my own paper/backgrounds. It's fun and a bit messy. Now I just need to use them, the one I like anyway! ;-)