Thursday, May 9, 2019

Cool Treats Birthday

Hello & Happy Thursday!

Yesterday was my hubby's last day of work in Baltimore.
I know deep down he is sad about it because he liked his job there and closing his work is still a bit of a shock. I'm sure in time things will get better but I would not be surprised down the road that he finds another job down that way.
He's already got another job and one that is closer to home but he will eventually go to 2nd shift and i'm not sure he will like that. I told him we will adjust to whatever comes about!

Today is his birthday and while we have no plans today other than supper out this evening, we will take a few days next week and go on some adventures, weather permitting.
He is on vacation next week and will start the new job the following Monday.
I will most likely be taking next week off from stamping and I will return the following week!

Today I have another card to share that was made last Saturday at my Stamp Day w Friends.
This card has a different fold.




This card measures 5 1/2 x 10. Scored at 4 1/4 and 8 1/2.
I saw this card fold done by Angie Juda.
My card uses a retired set called Cool Treats.
It's a set that I did not use very much and I have 2 packs of coordinating DSP that needs used up!
My friends made this card and did a wonderful job even though the solid ice cream stamp gave us a bit of an issue. Cleaning it in between each use helped!

Card Details:

Stamps: Cool Treats (retired)
Ink: Crumb Cake, Watermelon Wonder (retired), Chocolate Chip (retired)
Cardstock: Pool Party, Whisper White, Watermelon Wonder (retired), Tasty Treats DSP (retired)
Accessories: Square Layering Framelits, Pool Party Enamel Dots (retired), Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


This card was really an easy one to make and I loved the different fold!
Thanks Angie for sharing this neat fold!

****************************************************************
My thoughts today...


Happiest of birthdays to the best husband, ever!
Wishing you a great day, Buppie!

Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy


3 comments:

Carol L said...

Awww, happy birthday Shawn! I hope you have some fun and celebrate your big day! Loving this fun card with that shaded ice cream cone! It's really fun looking with that panel of ice cream treats on the side! Love the unique fold too!
My hubs worked 2nd shift all his life and loved it, but it's hard for those who enjoy day working instead. I'm hopeful he'll find something soon with the hours he's looking for! Have fun next week whatever you do! Let me know if you'll be anywhere close to me :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That ice cream looks so scrumptious! I must find time to play with this in different colors.... Very fun card, Wendy!

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute!!!