Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Apple Z Fold Card for Fall

 Good Morning & Happy Hump Day!

Today I have another fun card to share that I made for Fall that I haven't yet gotten a chance to mail out. I used the Apple Harvest stamp set and the coordinating Apple Dies. The dies are only available until Friday then they will go away but the stamp set will be around until January 1st.



I made this one into a fun Z Fold card as I wanted all my cards to be different.

Card Details:

Stamps: Apple Harvest, For All Things (retired sentiment)
Ink: Memento Black, Real Red, Stampin Blends-Real Red, Soft Suede & Granny Apple Green
Cardstock: Real Red, Basic White, Gingham Cottage DSP
Accessories: Apple Blossoms Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Scalloped Contour Dies, Red Linen Ribbon, Red Rhinestones, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


Update on my sickness:

I was in contact with my doctor yesterday morning.
Well, she's only a Certified Nurse Practitioner but she has always been very thorough with my care for the last 4 years. She talked to another doctor in her practice to see how to go forward with treating me. I know she's been concerned especially since I have not been getting rest or sleep. She called me personally right at lunchtime to talk with me. She said we are changing up your treatment. She started me on an inhaler and sent in a prescription for Levofloxacin/ Levaquin. She said to stop the Mucenex asap but continue taking the Prednisone & Benzonatate which I am finished with today. And also added Benadryl to my cocktail of medicines. I had an appointment to go to the doctor office last evening to learn how to use the inhaler since I have never had to use one before. I use it once a day. The Levaquin I was given a BIG WARNING on because it can cause rupture of tendons. I was told NOT to do anything strenuous while on this medicine but she felt this potent antibiotic would work well for me. I take a 750mg pill once a day and Benadryl as needed to dry up all the congestion I am dealing with. I did the inhaler last evening and instantly it calmed my cough. I was able to sleep for about 6 hours so that is a plus for me. I am on the inhaler for 1 month. She gave me samples they had in office so I did not have to pay for them which was nice of her. I will be trying my best to get lots of rest/sleep to help get over this hump. I unfortunately canceled my World Card Making Day event with the girls on Saturday because I think I need to concentrate on getting rest to get better. Getting older is no fun and I have never in my life been this sick. At some point things have to get better, right?
Thank you for thinking of me and keeping me in your prayers.

**********************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy




3 comments:

LeAnne said...

Geez, I hope you begin to feel better now that you can get some sleep! Your NP sounds like a gem! And your card is a gem too, very cute!

Carol L said...

That's another beautiful fall card with those big red apples and this card really turned out pretty! I'm glad your meds are finally allowing you to get some sleep for a change and with proper rest you'll definitely feel better! I'm glad she cautioned you on the Levaquin = I wish someone had warned me before I took it. I had a ruptured knee from it and I wasn't doing anything strenuous - I was standing and chopping veggies for a salad. Had to go to hospital via ambulance as I could not walk at all. Just be very aware and report back to your doctor right away if you have any inkling something's gone wrong. Do take good care and hopefully this gets you well again, but once the coughing is stopped, things should look much better! hugs!

D'Ann said...

The new prescription regimen seems to be doing the trick. Glad you were able to get some good rest so you can get back to normal. Take care! :) P.S. the card is striking!