Thursday, January 11, 2024

Twisted Ribbon Technique

Good Morning & Happy Thursday!

Hope your week is going well. 
Yesterday I made my way to my stamp table to play a little with a new technique called Twisted Ribbon. Actually it's been around a while but I only just tried my hand at it. You know me, I am always late to the party on trying something new! I found a video tutorial from Terri Gaines whom is a Stampin Up demonstrator. Here is the link if your interested in trying this. 

Since Valentine's Day is coming I pulled out some retired Country Floral DSP from last year and tried my hand at the Twisted Ribbon Technique. It's pretty easy and definitely gives your card a different look. And also it's a great way to use up those 1/2 inch strips of paper!





Card Details:

Stamps: Country Bouquet
Ink: Balmy Blue, Mint Macaron (retired)
Cardstock: Thick Basic White, Basic White, Balmy Blue, Country Floral DSP
Accessories: Stylish Shapes Dies, Circle Layering Framelits (retired), Country Bouquet Punch, Simply Score Board, Pastel Adhesive Backed Sequins (retired), Dimensionals, Stampin Seal Adhesive

This was my first try so I hope to make more soon!

****************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy




2 comments:

Carol L said...

I don't think I've ever tried this technique before either, so TFS the tutorial. I will give it a go too. Your card looks beautiful with those soft blue colors and pretty papers and I love the little heart on the circle. that's such a sweet sentiment too. Have a good Thursday and enjoy the sunshine before the next storm rolls on through.

LeAnne said...

Oooh, thanks for the link to the tutorial! I always wanted to try this and it looks quite easy! Love the papers you used too...and this is such a sweet set! Perfect Valentine card for sure!