Monday, December 3, 2012

Merry Monday in Review

Hello & Happy Monday!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
It was a busy one at the Aungst Pad as we celebrated my son Ryan's 26th birthday which is today! I was also busy with shopping and getting some last minute things wrapped up for the last weekend of the holiday craft show, which will be this coming weekend! It's crazy to think that once our kids get older that they can pretty much take care of themselves that we have more time to do what we want to do. I'm finding this to be completely backwards but not only that....I am slowing down the older i'm getting. I'm really starting to have issues with this getting old thing! The aches & pains, the sciatic nerve issues with my back and the sinus issues that I usually am plagued with every winter....ughh is all I can say!
Ok, so enough with the whining!

Since today is Monday, normally that means it would be time for another sketch from Lesley's Merry Monday challenge but since it's the first Monday in December, she decided that we were to take the month off to prepare for the holidays! It was so wonderful having this challenge this year and having all these pretty Christmas cards ready to go that there is no stressing over making cards right up to Christmas Day this year! I LOVE it! BUT with that being said, Lesley asked us Merry Markers if we'd be interested in doing a "Year in Review" Challenge for the first 2 weeks in December. I happily agreed to join in when I could. So, pop on over to Lesley's blog, Always Playing With Paper to see what some of the other Merry Makers have done with "A Year in Review".  Adorable cards once again, I promise you!

For my card I chose Sketch #5 followed by my samples.....




I had these images lying around that I stamped long ago. They had already been cut with the Circle Nestibilities just waiting to be used. I laid my image onto a piece of Champagne Glimmer Paper which I just added right to my card (no dimensionals!). The card base is Garden Green and I stamped that with my Woodgrain Background stamp to go along with the woodsy feel of the card. I used a piece of Frostwood DSP (retired) for my panel and stamped the Merry Christmas sentiment on the bottom. Love this card so much that I made a package of 5 for the craft show! Even better.....they are as flat as flat can be which makes for easy mailing! :)


Merry Monday "A Year in Review" Card:

Stamps: Autumn Days, Woodgrain Background, Christmas Greeting
Ink: Garden Green & Chocolate Chip SU Markers, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip
Cardstock: Garden Green, Frostwood Lodge, Champagne Glimmer Paper, SU Whisper White
Accessories: Circle Nestibilities, SU Delicate Doilies Dies, Multi Mono Liquid Glue


Well, that's all for me today!
Hope you can find sometime to check out what the other Merry Makers have created this week and possibly play along! 
It's gonna be a busy day for us! Ryan has a doctor appt with a surgeon this afternoon for some minor surgery coming up soon then running Kelsey to work and in between fixing supper. Never a dull moment!

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

6 comments:

Lesley said...

Good morning Wendy! I love the wood grain! The woodsy look to your card paired with the gold glimmer paper is awesome!

Notes by Nina said...

Fantastic card Wendy, the woodgrain is a great mix with the pine cone. I can almost smell the fresh pine :).

Bonnie said...

My niece tells me that growing old ain't for sissies! I think she's right and I have the aches to prove it. LOL. Might as well laugh, it makes us feel better! This is one of my favorite sketches, Wendy and as always, I love what you've done with it! Good luck on the last weekend of craft shows!

Sherry Eckblad said...

What a great card and I love the sketch you chose to use. I totally know what you mean about the getting older thing.

LeAnne said...

Flat is beautiful!! At least as far as a card goes!! This is so pretty...the image and the plaid go together so nicely!

JD/ Jill said...

So pretty, What I like best about this card...is the pretty gingham on the back of the pretty image...
I forgot to mention on your Tuesday card in my comments. I love the 70 degree weather, sometimes, I think I would be better suited to live in a warmer climate, but that's not to be, so I guess I have to learn to like cold weather somehow. I'm never really ready for snow...well maybe, it's okay once a year...LOL