Monday, February 3, 2020

Springtime Set

Good Morning & Happy Monday!

Congrats to the Kansas City Chiefs on their Super Bowl win last night!
After the 3rd quarter I wasn't quite sure they were going to pull it off but they did and did they ever!
Great game and i'm thrilled for Andy Reid and his team!

We're up early this morning after a late night!
Shawn is headed to work and I have a few things I need to do around the house this morning.
It's suppose to be a nice warm sunny day so I want to try to go sit out on the back porch a little and get some sun on some of my Psoriasis spots. It's been doing pretty decent this winter (no major flare ups) and a shot of sunshine will help what is around my hairline and my arms & legs. Last year at this time I started doing the UVB Light Therapy which helped so much!

So, today I have a set of cards I made up for the upcoming spring season.
This set uses all things retired and they are really pretty to boot!






My stamp set is called Polka Dots & Paisley from the SU Spring Mini Catalog from 2007.
The Petals & Paisley DSP coordinates with it.
I remember I was a demo back then when this was available.
Isn't it pretty?


Card Details:

Stamps: Polka Dots & Paisley (retired), Sincere Salutations (retired)
Ink: Tempting Turquoise (retired), Old Olive & Pretty in Pink Stampin Write Markers (retired)
Cardstock: So Saffron, Whisper White, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise (retired), Petals & Paisley DSP (retired)
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Circle Layering Framelits, Silver Metallic Enamel Dots (retired), So Saffron Grosgrain Ribbon (retired), Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


I enjoyed making these and using up some of my older stuff!
This pack of DSP is almost gone. 
You may see a few more cards with it but it's getting down to slim pickings!

******************************************************************
My thoughts today...


That's all for now!
Thanks for stopping by & enjoy your day!
~Wendy

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

So very pretty...and you have reached waaaaaay back in the archives for this paper! Still fresh and fun! Enjoy the sunshine today!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

These are so pretty, Wendy! I love how your thought for the day, matches your cards...fancy shmancy! Grab those golden rays and have a great day!

Janice M said...

These cards just say ""Spring" to me! Great layout to use up scraps. It was a BEAUTIFUL day out!! I went for a nice long walk and soaked up that sunshine. Then I worked in the yard for awhile cleaning up under the bird feeders ect.

Carol L said...

Such a cheerful and bright card using those older but wonderful papers! I would be lost without my Sincere Salutations stamp set - I use it all the time! Yep, the Superbowl was an exciting game and we stayed with it til the end. Great for Andy, and even greater for Patrick Mahomes who has quite a career going at age 24! Lots of funny commercials too that I'm still giggling over :) Hope you enjoyed the sunshine because the gloomies are back again :(

Vicki Burdick said...

I so remember this paper! It is gorgeous for spring cards! Love your set!!