Monday, August 7, 2017

Blue Hydrangea Card Set

Hello & Happy Monday!

Phew, what a whirlwind of a weekend!
Saturday was fun meeting up with a friend & her husband and yesterday my hubby & I took what was suppose to be a quick bike ride on the Rail Trail. Our ride turned out to be 15 miles to the Glen Rock Library and back! Yea, today I am sore and in slow mode!

I did manage late this afternoon to go downstairs and work on a pack of cards for my customer. It rained all day today which made for a great stamping day!

Here is the card set made for my customer.
She requested flowers with no saying.





I used Thoughtful Branches stamp set and the Beautiful Branches Thinlits to create these. Sadly, this set retired as fast as it came out and i'm not sure why when it's a great set! I have seen so many different things made with it and today I decided to try to create a hydrangea. My hydrangea has finally bloomed this summer and it's beautiful! The color is a mix of purple & blue but for my hydrangea on my card set I made them in Marina Mist.

Blue Hydrangea Card Set:

Stamps: Thoughtful Branches (retired)
Ink: Marina Mist
Cardstock: Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White
Accessories: Beautiful Branches Thinlits, Brick Wall Embossing Folder, Oval Nestibilities, Marina Mist 1/8 Taffeta Ribbon, Glue Dots, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

For me, it was hard not to put a sentiment on this but this is what my customer wants and i'm happy to oblige. I may just make myself some of these for different occasions!

What do you think?

*******************************
My thoughts today....


I love a rainy day here & there and today we certainly had some good rain!
I bet all the gardens and yards enjoyed it muchly!

That's all for today!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

4 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I am so glad I got this set when I did. These cards are just plain gorgeous. I can not grow a Hydrangea to save my life so I have to enjoy these....LOL!

LeAnne said...

These are beautiful! I love the brick background! AND I think the hydrangeas everywhere this year are as equally beautiful! Just gorgeous! I am a wee bit jealous....I have nothing but mud in my yard this year!

Janice M said...

These are so pretty, they look nice with a brick background. She is sure to LOVE them!

Carol L said...

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how I missed seeing this post yesterday, but WOW, I LOVE this set of cards! I love the color combo and the gorgeous flower you created with the dies! The brick embossed background is the perfect touch to showcase these lovely hydrangeas!