Thursday, August 17, 2017

With Heartfelt Sympathy Card Set

Hello & Happy Thursday!

Hope your all doing well.

I'm a bit off schedule this week. Started my week with the dreaded house cleaning chore that lasted Monday & Tuesday. Wednesday, I finally found my way downstairs to stamp a bit. I was starting to work on a few Halloween things then got side tracked. Today I am in slow mode. My back is giving me some grief after 2 days of housework and tons of laundry. I haven't complained too much about it because it is what it is! 

Today Kelsey is leaving for Pittsburgh and no....she's not going to see the Steelers! Haha!
She and a friend are taking the train to Pittsburgh to see a friend that lives out there now and they are going to a Shawn Mendes concert which I believe is over the weekend. Lucky her! His music has grown on me over the last year or 2 and as much as I hate to admit it...I like it!  She has been planning this trip for over a year so I know she's excited! 

I have 2 chores to do today.....mopping the family room, stamp room & bathroom downstairs and then doing 2 loads of laundry before this evening. Football is on again tonight! I can hardly wait! I have been working on getting the Ravens Room (my family room) up to snuff. Got all kinds of neat things for football season to put down there! 2 winters ago I started working on a 1000 piece puzzle of the M&T Bank Stadium where the Ravens play. My hubby built a frame so we could hang it on the wall down there. Plus here & there we 've been picking up knicknacks to put in our room. Now all I need to do is find some purple furniture! LOL No, but wouldn't that be funny!

So enough on that subject....how bout some stamping!

Here is a set of cards I created for a customer. 







I pulled out this pack of DSP that has so many pretty prints & patterns in it but sadly it is retired. I believe the name of it is Succulent Garden DSP. My customer said she recently sent out 6 Sympathy cards in one day all to the same family so she was desperate for more Sympathy cards. She really liked these with that diecut flower and pearl on! She too is a sucker for lots of bling! My kinda girl!

With Heartfelt Sympathy Card Set:

Stamps: Close As A Memory (sentiment)
Ink: Sweet Sugarplum
Cardstock: Sweet Sugarplum, Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Succulent Garden DSP
Accessories: Flourish Thinlits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, White Pearls, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I love that piece of Sweet Sugarplum Gingham on the card. I wish Stampin Up carried more Gingham DSP in other colors! I am a sucker for Plaids & Ginghams! 
Anyone else?

************************************************************************
My thoughts today.....


Yep!

Well, that is all for me!
Lots to get too today so I better close this out!

Thanks for stopping by & have yourself a wonderful day!
~Wendy

3 comments:

Carol L said...

What a beautiful set of sympathy cards! I love gingham and especially plaid too, especially when it's on the diagonal. I adore that little die-cut flower and how delicate it looks! The pearl in the center is icing on the cake! Good luck to Kelsey on her adventure/concert, and I hope you have fun watching your football! Enjoy and take care of that back!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Boo on the back... that is no fun. I thought you have been very quiet. Love the idea of the puzzle hanging. I did lots of them, many moons ago. I have the die set to go with your background paper, and it is on my list of things that I need to play with. Carol even cut me out some openwork boxes to decorate with it. It is beautiful and makes lovely sympathy cards. This weekend is not starting off well. A trip to our son's to cut up a fallen tree = it is pouring there. The second is a fishing trip for Jim this afternoon = flood warning..... oh well, maybe I will go to work! Have a great weekend, and rest up.

Janice M said...

Sorry your back is bothering you! Seems the older I get the more aches and pains have too! Stinks! LOL This is such a pretty set really LOVE the colors.