Sunday, January 23, 2022

Valentines Day Treat Boxes & More

 Good Morning & Happy Sunday!

Hope your having a nice weekend!
Not much happening here this weekend since Shawn is working.
They have a project going on and the plant has to be shut down in order for contractors to come in to do the work. Yesterday was a very long day for him so I hope today won't be as long.

Today I have a treat box to share made using the Sweet Little Boxes from the January - June Mini Catalog. These are easy to assemble and need no adhesive as they come with 2 Sided Tape on them. 




I made these to give to my family and a few friends.
I am no longer making treats to sell since it's too much wear and tear on my hands.
I filled these with 6 Dove chocolates which fit nicely inside.

Project Details:

Stamps: Love & Happiness
Ink: Real Red
Cardstock: Real Red, Basic White, Sweet Talk DSP
Accessories: Sweet Little Boxes, Bouquet of Love Hybrid EF & Dies, Real Red Faux Linen Ribbon, Iridescent Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

The Sweet Little Boxes are just as their name says!
The outside you can stamp on and the inside has a food safe coating on.

Yesterday I talked about my little tiered tray that I decorated for Valentines Day!
I have some pictures of my tray and some decorations...

The last several months my daughter got me hooked into Rae Dunn collecting!
It's always fun to be hunting for new things, mostly the mugs.
We went out hunting the day after Christmas and found most of the items that are on my shelf. Home Goods and Hobby Lobby are my places to shop!



I found some Valentine hearts fairy lights at Walmart that I strung along with my garland. All the mugs are Rae Dunn and came from Home Goods, TJ Maxx and Marshall's.
The little gumball machine and Buffalo Check hearts came from Hobby Lobby.

Next is my kitchen table where I have my tiered tray.
Kelsey gave it to me a few years ago. I mostly used it to display my candy treats because I did not know what else to use it for. It's very small!!
My tiered tray has a variety of things in it from my craft stash.
I found a Valentines Day ceramic tree at Hobby Lobby that is battery operated that jumped into my cart! It's so cute and fit perfectly on my tiered tray. I found a few other items at Hobby Lobby too that fit nicely. The ladder is one of them. I wasn't sure how to display it but again it's one of those things that seemed to fit nicely! I have 2 packs of Swankie soft pack tissues in the top that I have had in my Valentine stash for ever. A little pillow that says I love you and of course some yummy candy to sweeten the deal. I also have a very small wooden cutting board in the back on the bottom tray. It has a heart on the right hand corner and I tied a big bow on it. That came from Hobby Lobby. Some items came from my Stampin Up stash like the Black & White Gingham Ribbon and a retired Heart Foil Pan & see thru lid that was out a few years ago. I filled it with Dove chocolates and it fit nicely on my tiered tray. It helps to be a crafter sometimes! LOL



Most people know that I love my Gingerbread decorations.
Most of my kitchen is Gingerbread themed so that is why you are seeing Gingerbreads!
They are out all year long!


Last is my picture table that sits in my Living Room that goes back the hallway to the bedrooms.
I have been trying to decorate this for every holiday.
You will see my one white ceramic Christmas tree sitting out in the middle of that table year round. I call this tree my night light because it gives off a nice light at night. This ceramic tree I found at Cackleberry's Antique Store in Lancaster, PA. several years ago. It was painted like a mauve color and had dried flowers hanging on it.It was not properly painted and fired in a kiln and had no shine to it. It was so ugly but hey, for $25 it was a steal!
I brought that tree home and cleaned it good, then spray painted it with a good primer. Then used Krylon White Glossy Spray paint and did 3 coats. After a few days of drying I sprayed it with a Ultra High Gloss so it would shine. It turned out better than I could have hoped and she has shined brightly ever since. I never put this one away as it's one of my favorites! It is a Gare Mold ceramic tree. As you can see I have some Rae Dunn pieces on my table....those gnomes are growing on me. My friend Vicki in Missouri found the red gnome mug and sent it to me! (Thank You Vicki!!!) I also have signs that I have found at Home Goods & Hobby Lobby on there too along with family & friends pictures. The bottom I decorate with different pillows that I picked up at Home Goods & Hobby Lobby as well. The Black & White check on the pillows and little hearts that I have displayed all tie in together with things in the kitchen. I have curtains, chair pads, a table cloth and Black & White Ribbon tied on my Rae Dunn canisters. 


Sometimes I think it looks like a hot mess and other times I just love it! LOL
I started to get things together for my St Patrick's Day display which I will share when it's done. I already have a few Rae Dunn items for Easter that Kelsey has given me over the last few years. I'm sure your wondering what Shawn thinks of all this?!
He takes me out shopping all the time and has even given suggestions on decorations and helps pick things out! He enjoys the hunt for Rae Dunn stuff just as much as Kelsey & I!
He's definitely a keeper!!!

I know I have not shared my Christmas decorations this past year.
I will share my pictures one day this week once I get them off my phone!

So, if you've stayed here this long.....I hope you enjoyed my craziness!

***************************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy






2 comments:

D'Ann said...

Wow, Wendy, I love it! You really go all out for the holidays. I probably sat reading your post with my jaw open in wonder and amazement! Everything is so cute. I agree that Shaun is definitely a keeper! He's so sweet and supportive. :)

Carol L said...

Everything looks wonderful Wendy - you have a flair for great decorating! My place never gets decorated anymore at all and I miss it, but for just the two of us, it's not worth the effort anymore. Great job on the candy boxes and great displays!