Monday, March 25, 2013

Merry Monday Challenge Week #55

Hello & Happy Monday!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

It's a snowy one here in PA on this Monday morning. I was hoping for rain but as I looked out this morning it is snowing like crazy. The calendar says it's spring but lately I have to question that. Our weather has not been springy at all and today they are calling anywhere from 3-6 inches of the white stuff. Gigi is surely not gonna like waking up to that!

Anyways, since it's Monday, that means it's time for another challenge from Lesley from over at Always Playing With Paper. This week we are playing Tic Tac Toe!


With this one I went straight across the bottom and made a set of hanging tags for Christmas gifts.
I picked up this Santa stamp at Micheal's after Christmas on clearance and I finally got a chance to sit & ink it up. I love the look of this old vintage Santa and he was easy to color! Notice the gold trim around the white layer. I made that to look like a layer of gold cardstock but I used my Krylon Gold Leafing Pen to do it. My image was colored with Copic Markers and there is glitter added to Santa's hat and the white of his coat. I added one layer to my card base. I wanted to make these as just the card base but the Copic Marker ink came thru the other side so I had to layer it on to a card base.








Merry Monday Week # 55 Card:

Stamps: Santa by Stampendous, Winter Post (inside)
Ink: Memento Black, Real Red, Copic Markers
Cardstock: Real Red, Neenah White
Accessories: Krylon Gold Leafing Pen, Gold Cord, Gold Ribbon, Glue Pen, Glitter, 2 Sided Tape


I'm pretty happy with these tags and look forward to making more for this year's holiday craft show!

I'm suppose to be babysitting my little Dominic today but with snow falling i'm sure Amy's classes will be canceled. The hubby is also home. Usually when it's snows the boss allows him to work from home which is very nice of him. I wanted to make some homemade peanut butter eggs for Easter but to look out the window it surely does not look or feel much like Easter at all! Maybe I will make them another day this week and just do some stamping this afternoon. I haven't seen my stamp table since last Thursday and I sure do miss it!

Well, that is all for today!
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!
~Wendy

9 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Wendy these tags are beautiful. The coloring is very nice done and I love the inside also. I use my gold leaf pen all the time, isn't it wonderful? It really adds something to your tag. You are getting a bit more snow than us. We are scheduled to receive just 1-3 inches at last call. We'll see. Gigi will have to make a quick trip of it today.

Bonnie said...

What beautiful tags, Wendy! I love how you used the gold pen and the beautiful Santa!

Vicki Burdick said...

These are gorgeous, your coloring of them is perfection!! It is snowy here too, not spring like at all, but that is the way it has been going for awhile now!! UGH!! Oh and by the way, I want an Easter egg!!! LOL!!!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous set of tags Wendy, I love your wonderful santa and cute bow.

Carol L said...

I love your set of tags, especially with that gold edging!I love how that looks on cards!
I'm with Vicki - Yes please to the home made peanut butter eggs!! Who cares if it's snowing outside - this is CHOCOLATE we're talking about!!!! LOL

Margaret Moody said...

Beautiful tags, Wendy! I love this Santa image too! You did such a nice job of adding color to them! They'll look beautiful of your packages come Christmas!

Lesley said...

Gorgeous tags Wendy, love your colouring! They will look stunning on your packages for Christmas!

Allisa said...

These are gorgeous! I think I need to find a gold leaf pen!

Narelle Farrugia said...

These tags are just beautiful Wendy - your colouring is just beautiful!