Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pokeno Container's

Hello & Happy Saturday!

What a rainy, cold & dreary day here in PA. It's the kind of weather where you just want to stay in bed all day with the blankets over your head! Just plain ole yukky outside!
We headed out about noon today to take Gigi for her walk. Last evening we did not take her because Kirsten & the Jack Russell puppies were here. That was a bit tense at first but after Shawn worked a bit with Shady & Dawkins, the 3 dogs got along pretty good! The pups are so hyper & aggressive. Shady snapped at Gigi quite a few times and a rumble broke out. Shawn got pretty aggressive with Shady to show him that he cannot be that way and after a little patience, the 3 pups did fine. Dawkins just loves Gigi and it was quite fun to watch them play! All is well until the next time the 3 of them are together!

So, after the walk today I came home and made a pan of Rice Krispy treats for Game Night tonight. Shawn & Gigi took a nice long nap (lucky them) and then I went downstairs to finish up these containers I made to keep our change in for Pokeno Night! They are Kraft Mayo containers, the big sized ones! I washed them and got to work on covering them. I LOVE making this kind of stuff!!!
Take a look....

The first one is Kirsten's. She asked for Zebra print paper to match the Acrylic Post It Note Holder I made her last summer. I didn't really know what to add other than alot of bling because she's young & likes the bling! LOL I spray painted the lid with Krylon Black Glossy Spray Paint. The lid is originally like a royal blue so I needed 3 coats to fully cover it. The sentiment I printed out on the printer and cut it out with the Stampin Up Apothecary Dies and mounted it with some Dimensionals. Added lots of different sized rhinestones, ribbon around the top and called it done. I think she will love this when I give it to her tonight!





The second one I made for my Mom. She asked for something in burgundy. I suppose this is her favorite color. I found some burgundy paper in my stash from K&Company and bought this gold trimmed burgundy ribbon at L&L Stamps last week. That ribbon is gorgeous and I think I need to go get more! LOL I made a triple bow with the ribbon and carefully taped it around the top of the container. I printed her sentiment out on the printer as well and cut it out with the Stampin Up Itty Bitty Framelits and popped them up with Dimensionals. She loves anything with pearls so I added lots of them! I stamped my flower with the Mixed Bunch set and punched it out with the Blossom Punch. I layered that with a burgundy flower under it. I put a gold trimmed pearl in the center for interest. I spray painted the lid here too with some Krylon Gold Metallic Spray Paint. They turned out fantastic and it's a shame my pictures don't give them justice! I'm sure she will love her container too and if not, i'm keeping it for myself! LOL





Well, if I missed anything in my details please shoot me an email.
I'm off to get my bag ready and head out the door for Game Night!
Gigi will be home taking care of Kelsey this evening. She has come down with the stomach bug and is feeling horrible. I hope she feels better tomorrow and I hope we don't pick it up! Yuk!

Thanks for stopping by & have a great rest of the day!
~Wendy

2 comments:

Carol L said...

These look great, and apparently your family plans on winning lots of pokeno money :) What a great way to re-use mayonnaise jars! I love the burgundy one with the gold lid and purty ribbon :)
Have fun at game night! I'll be home watching the SNL rerun with Justin in about half an hour ;)

Donna Hanley said...

Wendy, I'm glad everyone in the doggie world finally got along together. Isn't it fun to watch them while they play? I love these re-purposed jars. Fantastic idea. They are both great, but I really love the one you made for Mom. That ribbon is gorgeous. I do hope you get to fill them up in a hurry and keep them full. I watched three episodes of Animal Planet's Too Cute last night. They follow puppies from birth to 12 weeks old. Just adorable. It's also on the Internet: TooCute.com. With you being such an animal lover I think you'd enjoy this show. I love it. Have a great upcoming week.