Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Pretty Poinsettia

Hello & Happy Wednesday!

I hope your all staying cool!
The heat & humidity is here and is it ever, well, BLAH!
I sat outside with the girls yesterday while they did their business and even they did not mess around!
They went potty and ran for the door!

Today I have another set of Christmas cards to share for my Christmas in July!
I'm trying to think cool even though it's 90 degrees out!
I'm also on a roll with using what I have this year because if I don't start sometime I am never going to use what is in my stash....and believe me....it's ALOT!

So my cards today uses a set called, Pretty Poinsettia.


This set was already out when I got into stamping in 2001 so i'm not sure when it came out.
I went thru all my DSP's until I found a pattern that went with it.
Anyone remember Ski Slope DSP from 2008?






This set took me forever to figure out a design and a way to use up scraps of what DSP was left and i'm happy they came together so nicely!
My card lady will love these as she always goes crazy over the poinsettia cards!
I left them blank inside just in case she wants then!

Card Details:

Stamps: Pretty Poinsettia (retired)
Ink: Real Red, Old Olive, Crushed Curry
Cardstock: Thick Whisper White, Real Red, Whisper White, Ski Slope DSP (retired)
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Square Layering Framelits, Circle Layering Framelits, Stamp A Ma Jig (retired), Red Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I hope you've been enjoying my Christmas in July cards!
I'm working hard to get my stash used before I buy anymore even if that takes me years!

*****************************************************************
My thoughts today....


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

4 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Thanks for sharing what the set looked like. I was trying to figure it out. This is awesome and you will get such use out of it. Stay cool as you can. Phew!

Vicki Burdick said...

I do remember that paper, I may still have some left, it was a favorite. I love the poinsetta's too. This set is awesome. Stay cool if you can, we are off to visit the grandbabies today!

Carol L said...

I don't remember that dsp or this stamp set, but I like them together! What a fantastic set of cards with a great design! Well done! I'm with Snoopy today! It's really hot and only going to get hotter in the next day or so! Stay cool!

D'Ann said...

This is such a fun series you've got going. Love how you are doing card sets. Love the layout of this one and stamp set is so pretty!