Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Frosty Comes to Town

Good Morning & Happy Tuesday!

Today the heat & humidity is to start ramping up!
I absolutely dread this kind of weather because it's hard on everything from people to animals to equipment and everything in between!
If anyone needs me....i'll be hibernating for a few days!

I have another pack of cards to share that I made using my very first Stampin Up! Christmas stamp set from 2001.
FROSTY!


I'm celebrating Christmas in July and have lots of wonderful old stamp sets & cards to share with you in the coming days!






They say what's old is new again or something like that! LOL
I love the refreshed look of Frosty on this card that I colored with Stampin Blends.
I used the Stitched Rectangle Framelits to diecut him and layered it over and angled piece of Silver Foil Paper. The sentiment is from the same set and also diecut from those same Framelits and popped up with Dimensionals. The cute little snowflake in the corner is a Martha Stewart Punch and I used a piece of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. 
Oh and that DSP is one of SU's very first packs of patterned paper called Festive Finery!
Yea, it's old and it's a very thin paper, too!

Card Details: 

Stamps: Frosty (retired)
Ink: Memento Black, Night of Navy, Stampin Blends
Cardstock: Thick Whisper White, Night of Navy, Whisper White, Silver Foil Paper, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper (retired), Festive Finery DSP (retired)
Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Framelits, Silver Metallic Enamel Dots (retired), MS Snowflake Punch, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


If anyone feels like joining in on my Christmas in July celebration please feel free to leave me a comment on this thread with a link to your page so I can check out your Christmas cards!
It's never too early to start but most of all, I have been having the best time using my old stamp sets!

***************************************************************
My thoughts today....


I know it's not right having Frosty & talking about the heat on the same blog post!
Hopefully this heat won't melt my Frosty cards!

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Wow, you are pulling out the old stuff! I confess that I don't have any of our older SU paper anymore...it's long gone! But I do still have my MS snowflake punch too! Frosty still looks as dapper as ever, especially against that pretty foil! Awesome to see him!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this set, that snowman is adorable and doesn't look old at all!! Your card looks very current, he needs to make a reappearance soon, I hate the heat!!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Fantastic! It is perfect for this hot week. I could hug him! Love using the old stuff, and this fellow is awesome!

Carol L said...

I still have this stamp set along with my MS punches, and you may have inspired me to drag him out of the depths of my hoarded stash to make cards! LOL Cute design for a great little snowman, and anything that makes me feel cool in this heat is a winner!