Thursday, August 6, 2020

Jar of Flowers & Framed for You

Hello & Happy Thursday!

Our weather today is cloudy with showers off & on all day.
Definitely much cooler but still muggy.
Shawn is off today and tomorrow so we might try to get a bike ride in as long as we do not get any thunderstorms. It's been almost a year since we last had our bikes out so this trip will most likely kill both of us! LOL

Today I have a set of cards to share that I made for my card lady.
I always show her the cards I make and she saw one from a week or so ago and asked if I could make her a pack of sympathy cards using the the same design.

I used the Jar of Flowers stamp set and those pretty sunflower stamps in the set.


I used a template that I made with a Post It Note to mask the jar so the top of it did not stamp over the flowers. It's a quick & simple tip when using this set. I stamp my flower image on the sticky part of the Post It Note then trim around the flowers. I keep them in my stamp case for the next time I need to use it. 
My flowers were colored with Stampin Blends then I covered them with a bit of Wink of Stella for a shimmery look.
The tag is made with the Ornate Frames Dies and I added a piece of Linen Thread that I tied into a bow. The sentiment comes from the set Framed for You which is a Million Dollar Achiever set designed by Terri Gaines. A really cool set which you will see me use alot in the coming days!


Card Details:

Stamps: Jar of Flowers, Framed for You
Ink: Memento Black, Stampin Blends, Misty Moonlight
Cardstock: Thick Whisper White, Whisper White, Bumble Bee DSP
Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Framelits, Ornate Frames Dies, Wink of Stella, Misty Moonlight In Color Enamel Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


Lots of coloring on these but I took my time and spread it out over a few days so my hands did not hurt.
I love the jar and flower sets we have this year probably because I love sunflowers!


I'm not sure what's going on with Blogger today!
I know they have been redoing their websight.
I have not had any issues until today!
Been trying to get my pictures loaded and put them in the right column but it's not cooperating so I apologize that my photo's are all over the place.
I hate change so sometimes I wish they would leave things alone!!

*************************************************************************
My thoughts today...



That's all for now!

Gonna pack up our bikes and take a short ride!
Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy

3 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

This is a beautiful set Wendy!! I love the jar of flowers a lot! I also keep my masks in the stamp case to reuse when needed, makes it so much easier than cutting one each time! Enjoy your time with Shawn!!

Janice M said...

Such a pretty set of cards! Thinking I'm really going to have to get this set even though it's a little extra work with all the masking. I too LOVE the sunflowers. And yes blogger is driving me CRAZY! About called it quits the other day till I got it figured out. Then i wrote up a couple and pre scheduled them in case they kept messing with it.

Carol L said...

This is a beautiful card set with some great coloring! TFS the great tip for masking too - those tips always come in handy.
As for blogger, I've been using the new template for a while, but it's frustrating in so many ways. My photos are always XL and I have to reset that back to L every time I post one. What I hate most is if I publish the post, find an error and have to go back to correct it. It's like taking the slow boat to China and back to get to the fix, whereas the old blogger was one SIMPLE and EASY click! The new and improved blogger is new but not any shred of improvement to my liking! If it ain't broke, don't fix it!