Sunday, August 30, 2020

Birthday Fishes

 Hello & Happy Sunday, Everyone!

Hope your weekend is going well!

I spent most of yesterday at my stamp table while Shawn watched tv.
He found this show on the Smithsonian Channel called Mighty Trains.
I think we did an all day binge of it! Neat show about trains from around the world!
I worked on some Halloween Treats and a few Christmas cards while we watched that.

Today the weather is much cooler and thankfully the humidity has gone down.
It was nice sleeping with the windows open last night and the AC is off!!

I got a cute card to share today that was requested by my card lady.
She wanted a cutesy card made for a little boy who was turning 2 that loves to go fishing with his Dad.
I looked high & low and found nothing in my Stampin Up stash for a little one.
Then I searched thru my "contraband" stash and found this cute paper from K&Company. 
It worked!





The blue paper has water bubbles on it and those adorable fish worked perfectly for this card!
I kept it simple and left the paper do all the work.
My sentiment comes from an old Papertreyink stamp set.
My card lady was really happy with this which I was happy about since it sorta stressed me out not being able to find anything. 
It did turn out rather cute!

Card Details:

Stamps: Papertreyink- Pond Life Sentiments
Ink: Granny Apple Green
Cardstock: Granny Apple Green, Lemon Lime Twist, Whisper White, K&Company -Berry Sweet
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Oval Layering Framelits, Rhinestones, Mini Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


I probably should make more of these kind of kids cards up for on my card rack.
They are good sellers if I have them made up ahead of time!

**********************************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy




3 comments:

Janice M said...

Well you might not have had "stamps" but you rocked it with the paper and sentiment! I always need to make more boy/guy cards. They just don't come as easy for me. "Contraband" is fun I can never stick to just 1 brand. AC is off and windows are open here too and I'm LOVIN it!!

Carol L said...

That's the perfect card for a little guy who loves to go fishing! WTG coming up with the perfect paper and sentiment :) Sleeping was heavenly last night with the cooler temps, I agree!

Vicki said...

That is super cute and I love the paper and sentiment. He is sure to love it!