Friday, August 28, 2020

Pretty Sunflowers

Hello & Happy Friday, Everyone!

I'm glad the weekend is here and I have no plans!
The last several weekends have been busy so it will be nice to actually sleep in for a change! 
Tomorrow is to be a rainy/stormy day here with what's left of the hurricane/tropical storm.
We really could use some rain...
The trees are starting to drop dried up leaves and the grass looks about the same.

Today I have a set of cards to share that were made for a customer order.
It's that time of year where she wants everything sunflower!






I started these with a Thick Whisper White cardbase then added a layer of Bumble Bee cardstock,
I took the sunflowers from the Jar of Flowers set and stamped it randomly all over the Bumble Bee cardstock in Versamark. I did not want a bold image so that is why I went with the Versamark.
The bottom half of the layer I added a piece of Bumble Bee DSP with those cute polka dots on it!
Then I stamped my sunflower image from Celebrating Sunflowers stamp set on Whisper White cardstock with Memento Black ink. I diecut them with the Circle Layering Dies then colored them with my Stampin Blends. Since we do not have Bumble Bee in the Stampin Blends I used a mix of Light Daffodil Delight and Dark Mango Melody. The center was colored with both Light & Dark Cinnamon Cider and the leaves were colored with both Light & Dark Just Jade Blends.
Lastly, I added 2 Cinnamon Cider Enamel Dots & a bow tied with Bumble Bee Ribbon.
Everything is flat so it should not be too bulky for mailing.

Card Details:

Stamps: Jar of Flowers, Celebrating Sunflowers
Ink: Memento Black, Stampin Blends, Versamark
Cardstock: Thick Whisper White, Bumble Bee, Whisper White, Bumble Bee DSP
Accessories: Circle Layering Framelits, Cinnamon Cider Enamel Dots, Bumble Bee Ribbon, Glue Dots, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


My card lady did not want a saying on these so she can use them for different things.
She loves to write her own messages inside which she is very good at!
Me, not so much!
These were fun to make and i'm pleased with how they turned out!

********************************************************************
My thoughts today...

That's all for now!
Thanks for stopping by & enjoy your day!
~Wendy




3 comments:

Carol L said...

That's a beautiful set of cards and a beautiful quote to end your post today! I love sunflowers - the guy who lives behind me planted a small garden of corn with sunflowers and I'm astounded at how tall they grow! I love seeing them every morning facing the sun - so pretty! Enjoy your sleep-in weekend!

Janice M said...

What a beautiful set of cards!! I just Love Sunflowers! I have only played with the large stamp and matching die from this bundle. I really need to change that if only i can motivate myself?Not sure what is wrong with me. Think I'm going to try here in a bit and get out of this slump.

Vicki said...

Lovely set! The sunflower is the star....love them! 🌻