Monday, August 3, 2020

Gift Wrapped Gift Card

Hello & Happy Monday!

Can you believe it's August already!
And it sure feels like August with the heat & humidity!
It was terribly hot & humid this past weekend.

Today it is a cloudy day as we are preparing for heavy rain from the hurricane or tropical storm that is heading up the coast. We sure could use some rain.


 I have a card to share that I made with a new bundle coming from the 2020 August- December Mini Catalog!
The Gift Wrapped stamp set on page 12 of the catalog has the coordinating Gift Bow Builder Punch.
It's so cute!



I think this one is going to be a favorite of mine!


Do you see the little tag that hangs below the bow?
That little tag is on the Gift Bow Builder Punch. 
The stamp set also has some images in it that go with that little tag!

And the white panel that covers the pocket of the gift card was embossed with the new Winter Snow Embossing Folder. It is from the Snowflake Splendor Suite.

My bow was stamped on Pretty Peacock cardstock with the same color ink.
I punched it out and then punched out another bow with Whisper White cardstock and layered it under my Pretty Peacock bow so it would stand out against that beautiful plaid paper!


Card Details:

Stamps: Gift Wrapped
Ink: Pretty Peacock
Cardstock: Pretty Peacock, Whisper White, Plaid Tidings DSP
Accessories: Gift Bow Builder Punch, Winter Snow EF, Stitched Rectangle Framelits, Rhinestones, Dimensionals Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


I made this gift card for Christmas with an old sketch that I use quite often.


This was a sketch over at Splitcoaststampers many years ago that I use year after year.
On the sketch it calls for brads but I have never used brads.
 I just glue the ends to create the pocket.

I forgot to take a picture of the inside.
I will do that when I get down to my stamp table this afternoon and share it here.
ETA: Inside view of card.

The white panel at the bottom is where the pocket is to place your gift card or cash.



Do you like the colors?
I was trying to keep this one more masculine but not so sure I succeeded on that!

******************************************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy



5 comments:

Patti said...

thanks for the template can see using this a lot. the colors in the card are great.
blessings
pati

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this, the Pretty Peacock is awesome and I just swoon every time I see those plaid papers!!! I better order another pack!! LOL

LeAnne said...

Love this...great plaid and that little bow is FUN!

Carol L said...

Loving this great color with the plaid paper and big bow! TFS the template - it looks like a great gift enclosure and easy to make :) I hope your weather isn't too harsh today - it's raining cats and dogs here right now!

Janice M said...

Lovin the plaid!! I'm still not sure about that bow? It's growing on me but not at the top of my list.....yet anyway!! Loved the old bow punch and so wish I would have gotten one. Thankful to be able to borrow a friends though.