Thursday, April 4, 2024

Planted Paradise

 Good Morning & Happy Thursday!


Today I have an extra special card to share with you!
This one is a mish mash of products. This card was originally an Easter card that I made years ago. The paper is from 2014 called Watercolor Wonder DSP and it had a stamped tulip image on it. As I was going thru my Easter cards last week I noticed the image was colored with Copics and there was a water spot on it which made the ink bleed. I pulled that tulip image off and instead of throwing the card away I just added something else to the front. That DSP is just so pretty so I did not want to waste it. I pulled out my Planted Paradise set and got to work. Planted Paradise was given to demo's as a free gift last Fall for participating in On Stage. I wasn't quite sure I was going to like it but surely has been quite the surprise!




I apologize ahead of time for the dark pictures. 
We've had many days this week of gloomy weather.

Card Details:

Stamps: Planted Paradise, Translucent Florals (saying)
Ink: Island Indigo (retired), Lucky Limeade (retired)
Cardstock: Island Indigo (retired), Lucky Limeade (retired), Basic White, Watercolor Wonder DSP (retired)
Accessories: Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Layers Floral 3D EF, Island Indigo Enamel Heart (retired), Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I was very surprised that when I pulled out the Island Indigo & Lucky Limeade ink pads that they were both still pretty juicy! And they were the old linen pads, too!

Today my demonstrator preorder is to arrive!
The new catalog starts May 1st and a perk of being a demonstrator is getting to order early. I have so much from the last year that has carried over which makes me happy! I only ordered the new In Color items like ink pads, cardstocks, Stamping Blends & a pack of the In Color DSP. And guess what? If you've been around Stampin Up for many, many years you might remember a color called Pretty in Pink.....well it's coming back as a new in Color for the next 2 years! That just makes me so HAPPY! I still have some leftover pieces of cardstock, DSP and some ribbons in that color! I sorta kinda hoard everything! LOL

********************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & make it a great day!
~Wendy




3 comments:

Carol L said...

What a great save on that paper to create a new and fun card with it. The background embossing looks great in the little "window" you created and I love the color combo. Great news on the comeback of pretty in pink cardstock as I have one sheet of pink left! My cardstock supply is dwindling and I wish they'd bring back Bermuda Bay too! I love SU! paper and inks but when they came up with the newly designed inkpads, I could no longer open them. I still struggle to open the ones I have which is why I seldom use them. Have fun with your new goodies, I remember how excited I used to get with all the new stuff when it came. Oh, and cloudy? Has it been cloudy there where you are?? LOL I forget what a sunny day even looks like anymore! LOL

D'Ann said...

I am in love with this card! It sort of has a retro feel going on. Love the colors. I still have some of that dsp left and can't seem to use it. I always say to myself, that dsp is too pretty to use and then put it away. :) lol...

Vicki said...

So petty. Great save on the old cats. Love all the new in colors.