Monday, June 17, 2019

A Day of Fun

Hello & Happy Monday!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend!
It was terrific along with some nice weather!

Yesterday I shared with you that Shawn & I went to visit with LeAnne Pugliese.
I'm sure everyone knows her! Her blog is WeeInklings.
I met LeAnne several years ago, i'm thinking 2005/2006 time frame.
I know I have a picture somewhere!

Anyways, we comment on one another's blogs and have kept in touch thru the years.
A few months ago she asked if we would like a ceramic Christmas Tree since she knows we collect them. It was her mom's and surprisingly she did not want to keep it for sentimental reasons.
Of course, we would love it and cherish it like all 80 of them I think we have! LOL 
Yea, i'm not kidding either!
We've been emailing back & forth the last couple weeks and this past Saturday we planned to go to her home (which is not really far, 50 miles away) and picked up the tree.
We visited and chatted and it was nice that our husbands finally met, too!
I got a sneak peek into her stamp room (which I loved!!) and grabbed some pictures before we headed back home to do yard work! Of course, the gabbing all day would have been much nicer than yard work but that's how the cookie crumbles, right?!



As a Thank You for the beautiful ceramic Christmas tree I made up a little gift for her.
She's a crafty woman so I had to up the bar! LOL
I found in my stamp room closet a picture frame that was just waiting to be used.
This is what I made for her....but first I had to figure out how to package it for her.
A long time friend of mine always told me that presentation is everything and how true is that?!
In that same closet as the frame I had a roll of Stampin Up White Wrapping Paper from eons ago.
Yep, it was still in the box!

I decided to stamp on it and then wrap the frame up for her!



The wrapping paper is stamped with the Parcels & Petals stamp set (just the flowers) and then I wrapped the present and tied it up with this GORGEOUS Petal Pink Organdy Ribbon!
That ribbon alone is to die for! Yes, Indeed!!
It looked plain so then I thought....I need a tag!
Delightful Day Bundle to the rescue!
It turned out SO much better than I could have imagined!



And then here is the big reveal....


I was pretty pleased with it!
I truthfully think I need to make myself one of these to hang in my stamp room once we get it painted! 

So that was how the day went and it could not have been a nicer day!
Thank you again, LeAnne!
Fern (as we have named the new tree after her mom) will be happy, taken care of and very much loved! Welcome, Fern, to the Aungst Forest! 

**********************************************************************
My thoughts today...


Yea, no fun happening today!
Guess there's always tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

4 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Wow, wow, wow... that is just gorgeous! My goodness, I am sure she will treasure it forever. Glad you had a great weekend!

Carol L said...

It's wonderful that you two got to meet again, and what a generous gift to give you her mom's tree! In return, the gift you made her will be treasured as well and the presentation was just wonderful! I still remember that stamp meet at L&L where we all met each other so long ago! Funny how those connections have endured the test of time :)

LeAnne said...

I can attest to the fact that this IS gorgeous in real life! AND I am so happy you remembered to take a photo BEFORE I ripped up that gorgeous hand-stamped paper! I forgot to ask you where the paper came from...now I know! I wished I had saved it, I was so enthralled with the picture that I didn't think about it...but I did save the ribbon and tag, LOL! It was a great day and as Carol said, it's amazing how long we stampers stay in touch! We should all get together again soon!

D'Ann said...

Beautiful friendship, beautiful work of art! Love it :)