Thursday, June 6, 2019

Tropical Chic

Hello & Happy Thursday!

Hope your week is going well.
My husband started his new job this week and all seems to be going well.
It's kinda quiet without him being here but as you can see I have been able to get crafting time in again! Love him dearly but I have SO missed my crafting time!

Today I checked out the Tuesday Morning Sketches Challenge and played along!
I am trying to get back into it so hopefully this is a good start!

Here is the sketch & my sample...





I started out by pulling out this awesome stamp set called Tropical Chic.
It came out last year along with the coordinating Thinlits & DSP.
I used it a good bit last summer then it seemed to fall off my radar until today!
I told you I seem to be dreaming about the beach and anything tropical the last few weeks! LOL

My cardbase was cut at 4 1/4 x 11 and scored at 5 1/2.
I added my panel of Tropical Escape DSP and a small strip down the one side. Next I stamped my palm image and the blossom and diecut them. I used a Stitched Oval and stamped my sentiment in Shaded Spruce (LOVE THIS COLOR!) and layered it onto a Shaded Spruce Scalloped Oval.
I added my diecut palm & blossom with Dimensionals onto the Oval sentiment panel.
I added the little flagged strip to the right side and all the little Granny Apple Green Glittered Enamel Dots and finished this up!

Card Details:

Stamps: Tropical Chic
Ink: Shaded Spruce, Blushing Bride, Granny Apple Green
Cardstock: Granny Apple Green, Shaded Spruce, Whisper White, Tropical Escape DSP (retired)
Accessories: Tropical Thinlits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Oval Layering Framelits, Glittered Enamel Dots, Banner Punch (retired), Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


Always fun to play along with the Tuesday Morning Sketches Challenge!
Check them out and play along!

I am pretty happy with my tropical feeling card!
Hope you like it!

*******************************************************************
My thoughts today....



Thanks for stopping by & enjoy your day!
~Wendy

4 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Great job on this sketch, Wendy! Very pretty paper.

Vicki Burdick said...

cute card, that set is growing on me. I love the colors on your card!

Debbie said...

Beautiful!! What a wonderful combo of papers, colors, images and dies!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Melissa Craig said...

So very pretty! Ahhh - I would love to be lounging on beach with tropical flowers all around me. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.