Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Relax Your Way

Good Morning & Happy Tuesday!

A late start for me this morning!
The last few days have been busy and it was catching up with me.
My back is bothering me after bathing my dogs on Sunday and yesterday I proceeded to do my house cleaning. I was ready for bed by 7 last evening and headed there shortly after. 
It was still light outside but that didn't matter.
My body had enough...

Today I have a cool masculine card to share using some of the Come Sail Away DSP.
I love to mix old with new and that's what I did with this one....



Of course, the DSP is new but the main image is from many years ago called Sail Away.
It's one of my most loved masculine stamps and goes beautifully with this pack of paper!
Do you see that I used those gorgeous Stitched Nested Dies?
They are amazing!
My sentiment comes from the A Good Man stamp set.
It was stamped with Night of Navy ink and punched out with the Classic Label Punch.
My sailboat was also stamped in Night of Navy and I took a SU Blender Pen and took the ink around in certain areas to show the shading. That was a tip I learned from Debbie Henderson recently.


Card Details:

Stamps: Sail Away (retired), A Good Man
Ink: Night of Navy
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Balmy Blue, Whisper White, Come Sail Away DSP
Accessories: Stitched Nested Dies, Classic Label Punch, Silver Metallic Enamel Dots, Blender Pen, Mini Dimensionals, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


I know recently I have gotten quite a few new stamps but I always love to add in my old stamps as well. Sometimes the older stamps are exactly what we need for that special card/project!

*************************************************************
My thoughts today....


That's all for now!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

4 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

This is such a great card, I love the new DSP with this stamp!!

Carol L said...

What a fantastic card! Love the colors, design and image you used. I get that going to bed when your body hurts - I've been in bed before 9 more lately than I care to even mention! Love the waking up in the morning quote too! Hah! I always say I can't wait to wake up in the morning to see what new ache or pain I'll have to deal with LOL Hang in there, life is good in spite of the pain :)

LeAnne said...

Well, first, I about spit out my coffee when I read your little quote for the day!! Isn't that the truth?! Anyway, your sailboat is wonderful, and I love the tip about adding and blending color with the Blends! I just saw that being done with the Wink of Stella too, but I think the blends would be more effective! Great card.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You had me at all of the blue...wow! This is awesome....Looks like some wonderful new dsp. Onto my wish list it goes. You are the best enabler.