Thursday, June 27, 2019

Retro Rubber Challenge #113

Hello & Happy Thursday!

This week sure is sailing along!

Today I have a set of cards to share that I made for the July 4th holiday!
I used a new to me challenge called Retro Rubber Challenge and it's one that I may just play along with because I have so many old retired stamps that could benefit from a good inking! LOL

Here is their challenge and my samples....



I used an oldie but a goodie from 1999 called Happy Fourth.


This stamp set retired in 2003 but has stayed in my collection since.
I sat and did some old school stamping but first I had to take the rubber off the coordinating wheel (remember those kind of stamps?) and put cushion on it so I could use it more easily on an acrylic block.
I inked it with Real Red ink and stamped my entire card base with it several times until it was covered.




My main panel I stamped all the images from the stamp set like I was making my own DSP.
That was quite fun!
I've not made a card with this stamp set since i'm guessing maybe 2002-03 and it felt wonderful to ink this lovely set up once again!

Card Details:

Stamps: Happy Fourth (retired), Stars & Stripes Wheel (retired)
Ink: Real Red, Night of Navy
Cardstock: Real Red, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Accessories: Circle Layering Framelits, Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I hope you liked my cards!
I love pulling out the old ones and breathing new life into them again!

************************************************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks so much for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

8 comments:

Carol L said...

I love the older stamp sets more than the new ones it seems! I remember the older wheels and even had a few at one time, but I LOVE how you created the backgrounds for your cards! They're bright, cheerful and so perfect for a July 4th celebration!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is so funny, but I Just saw this challenge myself, the other day. Love the stamps you chose to use! LOL, are you telling me I need to take apart all of my wheels? I have 2 cases full! I love how you did the background, and the coordinating panel. It is a patriotic marvel!

Jan Clothier said...

What a great retro set! The whole card shouts exuberance, from the slanted panel to the fun font. I like the way you've background stamped the card base. Great choice of colours too. Thanks for joining in with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

LeAnne said...

These cards make me HAPPY!!! Wonderful way to use those older stamps! And WHAT?! This is your first time playing Retro Rubber?!! I expect to see you each week now! Thanks for joining us and playing along this week!

LeAnne said...

And I forgot to say, yes, I have taken the rubber off my wheels too---on some of them anyway!! And I just tried to see all my ink cartridges at my yard sale...no go on that one!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is fabulous! You are rocking the 4th of July cards. It is sad I don't have many stamps for that holiday!

Addie K said...

so nice to see the old stamp sets. I still have some wheels and just might have to pull them out! would like to see the oldies but goodies used once in a while.

Neva Cole said...

Aren't you glad you found us? This is great use of your well loved stamps, always fun to dig them out. Lovely Fourth of July cards! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber for Anything Goes!