Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Color Challenge 356

Hello & Happy New Year, friends!

Hope you all had a holly jolly holiday??!! I sure did! :)

Christmas Eve day, I got a call for an invite to my Parents house for Christmas Dinner! What a shocker that was....I almost fell off my chair! In case you are wondering why I was in shock....my Mother & I have not spoken in 10 years. Christmas has got to be one of the hardest holidays to get thru when your family does not speak to you! We decided to take her up on her offer and went to dinner and had a really good time! We played Wii bowling later in the day with them, my brother & his wife and my kids. My older brother was there too but did not join in on the bowling game. My dad said it was the best Christmas he has had in many years! :)

Christmas Eve was special too! Shawn's dad came to visit and he has not seen him in about 12 years! I know it meant alot to Shawn!

New Years Eve we spent at home with the kids! New Years Day we spent taking down all the Christmas decorations and getting them packed away.
Today Shawn went back to work so i'm looking forward to things getting back to normal like getting back to my stamping and blogging!

Before I get there though I would like to share a new piece of furniture I picked up for sale over at L & L Stamps in Ephrata. I would like to eventually put my stamps on the bottom of it and find a better way to store my Copic Markers. I paid $55 for the stamp hutch and it is a great addition to my stamp room!


So, today is Color Challenge day over at SCS and it's one of my favorite challenges! The colors are: Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade & Basic Gray! My stash of Sympathy cards has dwendled so I made my card into a Sympathy card for the card rack.



Color Challenge 356 Card:

Stamps: Love & Caring (set #1)
Ink: Lucky Limeade & Island Indigo SU Markers, Basic Gray
Cardstock: Basic Gray, Lucky Limeade, Neenah White
Accessories: Cuttlebug EF, Lucky Limeade Ribbon, Pearl Brad, Oval & Oval Scallop Nestibilties, Stamp A Ma Jig, Scor Tape


Have any of you made any New Years Resolutions? I made one last year that I did not live up too. I was to use all my Stampin Up stamps this past year and once we moved back to PA that whole resolution went out the window and I got side tracked and forgot. I got up to set 115 which is a great effort! This year I have not made any resolutions except to drink alot less soda and much more water which is very difficult for me! I love my soda! Hopefully, I can stick to this one!


ETA: I have decided to try my hand at finishing up using all my Stampin Up stamps again this year! I still have many sets left that need to be inked up so let's see how many I can use in 2012! Today marks set # 1 for 2012!!


Well, that's all for today!
Thank you for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy


1 comment:

Carol L said...

Happy New Year and welcome back! I LOVE that hutch you got at L&L. Is Lorene redecorating her store or something? I don't remember ever seeing that hutch there before, but what an awesome find! I'm SO glad you saw your parents again for Christmas! I remember how sad you were last year when they didn't answer your invitation. I'm glad your Christmas was a good one, and I hope your 2012 is an even better one! That's a very pretty card you made too BTW :)