Wednesday, January 6, 2021

1st Card Order of 2021

 Hello & Happy Wednesday!

I have a busy day ahead working on an order for my card lady!
Here is the 1st pack of cards I made for her January birthdays...






I'm always on the look out for a Happy Birthday stamp with a cool font and this one comes from the A Grand Kid stamp set which is loaded with some nice sentiments! 
I love using the Stitched Nested Dies and for this card I used a piece of the Playing With Patterns DSP and diecut a shape out. I then cut it in half and adhered it to my Coastal Cabana cardstock making sure that the points almost touch. I did this on the card I shared yesterday here on my blog. I love the interesting look it gives! It reminds me of a belt that ties together where it meets.
Then I added the Bumble Bee bow with a Glue Dot.
My Coastal Cabana cardstock was embossed with the Dainty Diamonds 3D Embossing Folder and lastly I added some rhinestones. My saying panel is popped up with Dimensionals.

Card Details:

Stamps: A Grand Kid
Ink: Night of Navy
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Coastal Cabana, Whisper White, Playing With Patterns DSP
Accessories: Stitched Nested Dies, Dainty Diamonds 3D EF, Oval Layering Framelits, Bumble Bee Ribbon, Rhinestones, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

These were really fun to make and I do hope my card lady will like them!

So, did you all read about the Whisper White cardstock being retired?

Yes, it is true! The manufacturer that made it went out of business so Stampin Up! had to find another paper mill to make a nice white cardstock. I'm happy to say that now it is available and it's now called Basic White. I have not ordered any yet as I have quite a few packs of Whisper White on hand. They say it's just as nice as Whisper White but it will be awhile until I can actually say.
If I know Stampin Up!, it will be just as amazing as Whisper White!

***************************************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have an amazing day!
~Wendy

 


4 comments:

Carol L said...

I really like the fun and festive colors on this latest set and I'm sure your card lady is going to love them as well. That's a clever way to use bits of dsp to create split panels tied up nicely with a bow! I read about the whisper white some time ago and it's sad to see businesses close when they make such great products!

D'Ann said...

Such a fun card! Love the colors and the sentiment sure looks fun. I think anyone would love to receive this card. Too bad about the whisper white - I really loved how smooth that cardstock was for stamping.

Vicki said...

Really pretty design. Fun colors!

Janice M said...

Cute! Man I do like the way you did the banners!! Have to try that sometime.