Friday, August 30, 2024

Get Well Box

 Hello & Happy Fri-YAY!

Today I have a fun project to share with you!

Earlier this week Kelsey had mentioned that her neighbor wasn't feeling good. She thought maybe she had Covid. I sent 2 boxes of Covid tests over to Kels to give the young lady so she could test. It came back negative. So it got me to thinking what could I do to help her feel better? I have never met this young girl but she is a single mom to 2 kiddo's and her & Kelsey have become good friends. As I was going thru my stash in my craft room I started working on a wood box that I got from the Dollar Tree a few years back. I added paper and then some paper shred inside. Then it hit me that I had a can of Campbell's Chicken & Rice soup in the pantry. I grabbed it and added it to my box along with some Hall's Honey Cough Drops. I then remembered that I had some small Kleenex tissue packs in my drawer so I made a box to put it in and decorated it to match the wood box. Lastly, I added some Dove Milk Chocolate & Caramel candies in a bag for when she is feeling better. I took pictures then wrapped it all up in a wine bottle cello bag that Stampin Up! carried years ago. I added a cute tag with some leaves. Shawn saw it when he got in from work and said we needed to deliver it so we did. We sat it on her doorstep and he knocked on her door and ran to get on the elevator so she did not see us. We laughed! To this day we have not heard anything on it. Kels has not mentioned it so i'm not sure if the young girl even mentioned it to her. Kelsey does not know we did this!! I wanted to brighten the girls day and hope she feels better soon.







I'm not gonna list all the stuff I used on this but if you need to know something just let me a message and i'll get back to you!

This was a fun little gift to make and I really do hope it helps her to feel better soon!

****************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy














2 comments:

Carol L said...

Not only is this an adorable little get-well gift to help someone who's not feeling well, but your random act of kindness is extra special and will be appreciated I'm sure. I just love how you secretly delivered this - it goes to prove what a kind and thoughtful person you are - but then I already knew that! You did such a good thing, sending thankful hugs :)

D'Ann said...

That is really nice of you to go through all the trouble to do that for Kelsey's neighbor and friend!