Monday, September 19, 2016

Halloween Cup Carrier

Hello & Happy Monday!

I hope you all had a great weekend!

It's Monday and today i've got a challenge project to share with you!

My friend, Vicki Burdick, and I have been throwing little challenges at each other ever since I moved from Missouri back to Pennsylvania in 2011. I enjoy doing these with her, it keeps us close even though we are 1200 miles apart! She has become a very dear friend to my family & I. 
Last week when I shared my Gingerbread Coffee Cup Carrier she was the one who saw it first before it appeared on here. She was WOW'ed by it and there once again another challenge was born! Except this time we challenged each other to make a carrier decorated for Halloween! 
Game on, Miss Vicki!

Here is mine....






These things are SO much fun to create....I made a ton of them for the holidays this year! If your interested in making these, here is the link to Lisa Curcio's video tutorial. Her directions are very easy & simple. 
I think these make a great little treat for someone and it does not necessarily mean that it has to be for Halloween or any holiday. These could be whipped up for a Birthday, a Thank You or Just Because! You could always add a little treat in the cup and possibly a gift card or some cash. I promise this will make someone smile!


Halloween Coffee Cup Carrier:

Stamps: Spooky Fun
Ink: Basic Black Archival
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie Glimmer Paper, Halloween Night Specialty DSP
Accessories: Halloween Scenes Framelits, Circle & Scallop Circle Punches, Wide Oval Punch, Banner Punch (flag end), Halloween Night Baker's Twine, Black Rhinestones, Black Clip, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue



I don't have any candy inside my cup yet as I haven't found the right treat yet! Eeeeek! My daughter & hubby gave me some flack for being in the candy isle way to long the other evening. I just have not found what i'm looking for yet! I'm also disappointed that M&M does not have M&M's in Halloween colors....they have Fall colors but nothing Halloween! Sigh, what's a crafter to do??!!


I hope you will stop by Vicki's blog, It's A Stamp Thing and see what she created for our little challenge. If I know Vicki....it's going to be something FaBOO-lous! 

******************************************

My thoughts for today....



That's all for today!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

3 comments:

Carol L said...

More Halloween cuteness in this little cup tote! I love those fluttering bats and the great twine, and thanks again for the link to the tutorial. I always wondered how they got those little cups decorated so well and now I see there's a template. Genius! Have a great week ahead and enjoy the rain :)

Vicki Burdick said...

OH MY Wendy, I am totally batty for your creation!!! I Love that DSP and those die cut bats are so fun! I love your little glimmer paper banner too! Thanks so much for the challenge this week, it was just what I needed to get my creative juices flowing!!! Now if we could just arrange a get together, cos I want to make all the Halloween goodies with you!!! I am off this coming weekend, maybe I should ask Ed about a road trip......LOL!!! Love ya and have a great week!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I must play with this idea! Love it! Carol gave me one of those adorable cups.