Friday, September 16, 2016

Holiday Planner 2016

Hello & Happy Friday!

Our weather here has continued to be gorgeous even so much so that I had to shut my windows overnight because it got so cool out. Even still...I love this weather! 

Yesterday I spent about 6 hours at my stamp table just playing around with some things for Halloween & Christmas. Hard to believe the holiday season will be here in a few short weeks. I have been working hard to get things squared away so once Christmas gets closer I can spend more time doing some baking, watching holiday movies with my hubby & daughter and just enjoying that time of the year. Normally it is very crazy busy with working on last minute crafts for gifts and orders. 
So, since I have a drawer full of notebooks waiting to be recovered and decorated, I have spent some of my summer doing just that.
Here is a normal sized composition book recovered and decorated.





These notebooks usually sell like hotcakes at my craft shows. I also get orders for them throughout the year. I enjoy making these kind of things some days over cards because these can have alot of dimension to them over a handmade card. My poinsettia on this notebook is really popped up with lots of dimensionals and that big gold bead. I had a strip of Gold Glimmer paper in my stash that was cut just right to place under my flower. I'm not sure what it is about this poinsettia but I just love it! The gold metallic ribbon on the side of the notebook actually was wrapped around a pair of pj's that I got a few years ago for Christmas! I took my iron and ironed out the wrinkles so I could reuse it. I actually iron alot of my ribbons if I use it on something and then change it out. It gets the wrinkles out of it so I can reuse it for another project. Anyone else iron their wrinkled ribbons??


Holiday Planner Composition Notebook:

Stamps: Papertreyink, Reason for the Season
Ink: Real Red, Garden Green
Cardstock: Garden Green, Real Red, Very Vanilla, Gold Glimmer Paper, This Christmas Specialty DSP
Accessories: Festive Flower Builder Punch, Lg Oval & Scallop Oval Punches, Gold Metallic Ribbon, Gold Bead, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


Pretty, isn't it?
There will be more of these to come in the next several weeks so stay tuned!

***************************************************

My thoughts on this gorgeous Friday......


It's going to be a great day!

That's all for me today!
Thanks for stopping by & have a really terrific day!
~Wendy

1 comment:

D'Ann said...

Love this notebook, Wendy! Love your poinsettias - they are just perfect. Great idea to begin early because I too have a ton of those composition books! Earlier this year, I had them cut in half and decorated them for my 3rd grader grandson's class and included crayons with them. Regarding your ironing question, I'd rather throw it out than iron. The iron is not my friend LOL :)