Saturday, September 3, 2016

My Birthday Adventures & More....

Hello & Happy Saturday/Sunday!

A very late update this evening as I wrap up my busy but fun day!
Today (Saturday) was my 50th birthday. My hubby & I went out for a 16 mile bike ride this afternoon! It was fun except I got a bit of sun/wind burn on my face from the hefty winds we had from Tropical Storm Hermine. I didn't have any sunscreen on as I figured we would only do our usual 6-8 mile ride but since the weather was gorgeous.....we went way farther than we ever have before. We were 3 miles from the Maryland line today! What an accomplishment! 
I have to say that riding south your definitely riding uphill which those last 3-4 miles were no easy feat! My knees are reminding me now how tough it was but coming back...smooth sailing!! 

Here are some pictures...


My hot rod taking a break heading south...


Pit stop in Glen Rock, PA. 
Busy little town along the Rail Trail. 
Lots of different style eating places that smelled SO good!


Mile Marker 4....what a killer! It doesn't look it but your going uphill.


Last Mile Marker on this trip took us to Railroad, PA. 
3 miles left to the Maryland Line which did not happen today but hopefully sometime this Fall.
I had a really nice birthday as my hubby & 2 kids spoiled me with nice gifts. Even my doggies (Gigi & Bailee) gave me lots of moochies! Those are the best! It was a wonderful day!

So enough about my birthday adventure!

I managed to get some time in to create before and after our bike ride.
Here is what I created today!






Now these are gorgeous in pink, don't ya think?

Pink Poinsettia Tags:

Stamps: Reason for the Season, Lots of Joy
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Garden Green, Basic Black
Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Garden Green, Thick Whisper White
Accessories: Festive Flower Builder Punch, Two Tags BigZ Die, White Pearls, Thick White Twine, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

******************************

My thoughts for today.....



That is all for today!

Thanks for stopping by & enjoy this nice holiday weekend!
~Wendy

2 comments:

Carol L said...

It looks like you had the perfect kind of birthday with a meaningful day spent with loved ones.......and crafting of course! I really like those pink flowers on your tags! I may have to look through the catalog again after seeing you use those pretty flowers! Happy 50th - what a wonderful milestone birthday, and I'm glad it was a great day for yoU! The beautiful weather was ordered just for you! *wink*

Cindy Linthicum said...

Happy belated birthday! The poinsettia tags are beautiful.