Saturday, September 24, 2016

Serene Sunflowers

Good Morning & Happy Saturday!

My card today is one a customer requested with something Fall on it. 
Since I know she loves sunflowers, I dug thru all my thousands of stamp sets until I found Serene Sunflowers....an oldie but a goodie! 
Take a look...



I also had another sunflower stamp set over the years but I must have unloaded it before we made the move to Missouri a few years back. This stamp set worked well and one thing I love about it is the 2 step stamping that gives my flower the light & dark petals for a more realistic look. The sentiment comes from a very old SU set called Handwritten Hello's. I used an old Corner Rounder Punch to round out the 2 opposite corners for interest and made the main focus on that beautiful sunflower! Isn't it pretty? I'm certain my customer will love it!


Thinking of You Sunflower:

Stamps: Serene Sunflowers, Handwritten Hello's
Ink: Crushed Curry, Chocolate Chip
Cardstock: Crushed Curry, Whisper White
Accessories: Corner Rounder Punch Stamp A Ma Jig, 2 Sided Tape


 Right outside of the small town I grew up in there is a farmer's field that had miles & miles of sunflowers every Fall. To this day they still plant thousands of them and at this time each year they are amazing & beautiful to see! I'm headed that way today so maybe I can try to get a picture of them. If I do I will share it here tomorrow!

******************************

My thoughts today.....



Thanks for stopping by and make today a great day!
~Wendy



4 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What a gorgeous CAS card, Wendy! I adore sunflowers. Hope you are having a great weekend. Ran up to Carol's to wish her a HB and swap back supplies. I saw the beautiful card you sent her. It really got me inspired!

Carol L said...

Sunflowers are beautiful on cards and especially in nature. I love the varied colors, and those rounded corner accents are the perfect compliment to this CAS beauty! Have a great weekend!

Cindy Linthicum said...

Beautiful card!

LeAnne said...

This is lovely! She WILL love it, and I love your thought for the day too! Such a pretty image!