Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Fancy Poinsettia for Christmas

Hello & Happy Wednesday!

Took a bit of a break the last few days to enjoy the nice weather we've been having!
Shawn & I got out for a bike ride one afternoon which was fun! 
Have you noticed that it's getting darker earlier? Sadly a sure sign that Daylight Savings Time is coming to a close. 
Later today we are expecting rain. Some to be heavy over the next few days. I heard anywhere from 3-4 inches thru Sunday. We really need it but that might be a bit much. The winds have already kicked up and it feels much cooler. As for me, I will be downstairs crafting away! Let it rain!

Anyways, today I wanted to share a Christmas card I made.



I'm not too sure on this card but I was shooting for something different!

I stamped my flowers with Metallic Silver Ink, left them dry them punched them out with the Festive Flower Builder Punch. I have a few sheets of Brushed Silver Metallic Paper left so I used it under my flower. The sentiment is from a Papertreyink set called, Believe. Kelsey told me it needed more sparkle so I added a few very small rhinestones around the flower. I guess it's always good to ask for someone else's opinion on things! LOL Once they were done I really did like it and decided to make a bunch.

Night of Navy Poinsettia Card:

Stamps: Reason for the Season, Believe by Papertreyink
Ink: Metallic Silver, Garden Green, Night of Mavy
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Garden Green, Brushed Silver Metallic, Whisper White
Accessories: Festive Flower Punch, Lg Oval Punch, Rhinestones, Tombow Liquid Glue

What do you think??


************************************************

My thoughts for today......


It sure does!

That is all for me today!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

3 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

The blue and silver are such a perfect combo, Wendy! Totally striking.

Carol L said...

I just love how you do these blue poinsettias! The color is so pretty with the touches of green are perfect, as are the little gems you added. I love a perfectly balanced card like this! Awesome!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is stunning, love the colors on this!!