Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Under My Umbrella

Hello & Happy Tuesday!

Hope your week is going well and your staying busy!
We all could use a distraction from what is going on in the world.
I have been glued to the tv since this whole Coronavirus thing broke and i'm finding that it is driving my anxiety level thru the roof, which is not at all good for my psoriasis.

I have been stamping & making cards quite a bit (to distract me from the tv) and last week I decided to send one out to my dear friend, Deb. 
I used a new set from the Stampin Up! January - June 2020 Catalog called Under My Umbrella.
It also has a coordinating punch.




Over the years Stampin Up! has had several umbrella sets and i've never purchased any.
This one comes with some really cute sentiments and a pair of boots!
And even though I am so tired of all the rain we've had this winter, i'm still thankful it was rain & not snow!
The patterned paper is from the SaleABration Coordination products that were available this year.
So many pretty prints and those raindrops and umbrella's were apart of it!
The sentiment on my card is perfect for what I wanted it to say to my dear friend.
We've been friends since 1994 when we moved in beside her and became neighbors.
Thru the years we've sold that house beside her and moved to Joplin, Missouri then moved back to Pennsylvania again, she has become a very, very dear friend and has always been there for my family & me, No Matter the Weather! 

Card Details:

Stamps: Under My Umbrella
Ink: Memento Black
Cardstock: Thick Whisper White, Balmy Blue, Whisper White, Pleased As Punch DSP (SAB Coordination)
Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Framelits, Umbrella Builder Punch, Daffodil Delight Organdy Ribbon (retired), Glue Dots, Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


I'm happy to be able to share this card now that I know she has received it!
If you have any cards laying around, send them out to a friend or family member and let them know your thinking of them since we are all under the social distancing thing.
It is sure to brighten someones day!

**************************************************************
My thoughts today...


Always look for the rainbow in your day!

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

3 comments:

Carol L said...

This is so cute and through the years I wished I had a good umbrella die to make cards like this as well as bridal/baby shower cards! Love those papers and raindrops - which are perfectly appropriate for our weather the past few days! You've always been thoughtful in sending cards "just because" and I'm sure your friend was quite pleased to receive this cute card! Stay well and hang in there.

Vicki Burdick said...

OMG!!!! Love this card and your layout!! Wait til you see the card I made Monday for my group color challenge. I will shoot you a picture today. You are going to be amazed!

Janice M said...

Oh I just LOVE that sentiment! Perfect papers to go with you theme! I'm sure it brightened her day!! I've made a point to send a card or two recently also. Just to make someone smile! Turn off the news and but a funny movie on instead! Take care!!