Sunday, October 22, 2023

Dinosaurs & Halloween

 Hello & Happy Sunday!

I hope your having a great weekend!
Yesterday our weather almost felt like late Fall. 
It was definitely a "hang on to your hat" kind of day!

Today I have another Halloween card to share to Audrey requested for a little boy. She asked for something with dinosaurs. I stewed on this one a few days then pulled out a bunch of stuff trying to come up with something. I knew I had to think outside of the box!




Card Details:

Stamps: Dino Days (retired), Spooky Cat (retired), Ghoulish Goodies (retired)
Ink: Granny Apple Green, Pumpkin Pie
Cardstock, Pumpkin Pie, Granny Apple Green, Basic White, Granny Apple Green & Pumpkin Pie DSP (retired)
Accessories: Square Layering Framelits (retired), Tasteful Textile 3D EF (retired), Stylish Shapes Dies, Tasteful Labels Dies (retired), Dino Dies (retired), Stitched Rectangle Framelits (retired), Halloween Night Twine (retired), Rhinestone, Glue Dot, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


Some of the pieces on this card came from leftover candy treats from a few years ago.
I keep a baggie filled with leftover parts & pieces that I can pull out and use again. All I needed to do was add my dinosaur, sentiment and create a cardbase and my card was born!
Audrey was pleased with it! I think she said this was going to a 3 year old neighbor boy so I needed to keep it on the cutesy side. 

The last 2 days I worked on a Halloween puzzle that I picked up last weekend at Home Goods. I did a Halloween puzzle last year, too! This took me about 12 hours total to put together and it was a 1000 piece puzzle.


I enjoy working on them when I don't have other things to do!
This one was quite fun! I am anxious to soon start some Christmas puzzles that I have waiting on me. After I am done with them I tear them apart, put into a ziplock bag and send them over to my friend Deb. She loves doing puzzles, too! 

************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy




3 comments:

LeAnne said...

How cute is this? What a fun way to incorporate that dino into a Halloween card! Audrey will love it and so will the recipient! Enjoy this nice fall day!

Carol L said...

That dinosaur makes a perfect card for a 3 yr old boy! I thought I was the only one who saved packaging for future projects LOL The bits and pieces make for some great cards, just like this one! I LOVE your puzzle and so wish I could still do them because I always loved working on them. Unfortunately, I've lost so much height, when I sit at the table, all I see is a glare on the pieces, so I can't do them anymore even if I sit on a cushion. I need someone to build me a custom table about 4-6 inches shorter than the standard size and then perhaps I can work on puzzles again LOL I'm halfway there to becoming a great end table to sit your beer on :)

Vicki said...

This super cute and I love the dinosaur with his pumpkin! Great job on this fun Halloween card!