Thursday, October 5, 2023

BOO to You

 Hello & Happy Thursday!

Phew, the last few days it got a bit toasty around here! And wouldn't you know...we took our AC's out last weekend. LOL I guess this is what you call our Indian Summer weather.

So, yesterday Shawn had his appointment with the Orthopedic doctor.
He went over the MRI inch by inch and everything looked good...his knee cap, the cartilage and the ACL ligament.
He has a sprained MCL and is to wear his knee brace when up and moving to keep the knee in line. They prescribed him Prednisone to help with his pain. He cannot take anything with NSAIDS because of his Diverticulitis. Prednisone is good for the pain but it will keep you awake and happily eating! It could take a long while for this ligament to heal up so he is going to have to keep it iced when he's relaxing and keep that brace on during daytime hours. He will return in 6 weeks. I'm thankful it wasn't anything that required surgery or physical therapy! He is just gonna have to realize he's not 20 anymore and his body is going to take longer to heal. 

Today I have a set of Halloween cards that I think rank up there with a few other sets! I love the colors on this card and the cool part of this is my ghost and the bats on the black trees glow in the dark! And yes, I forgot to take a picture of them glowing!!! 






Card Details:

Stamps: Bag of Bones, Tricks & Treats
Ink: Orchid Oasis, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Basic Black Archival (retired)
Cardstock: Orchid Oasis, Basic White, Basic Black, Glow In The Dark Paper
Accessories: Tricks & Treats Dies, Aspen Tree Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Circle Layering Framelits (retired),  Glow In The Dark Bats & Ghosts, Blending Brushes, Orchid Oasis Metallic Ribbon, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


The panel under my trees I used my Blending Brushes on to make it look like a sunset. Such a neat & fun technique to do! I remember our sunsets in Joplin, MO being this vibrant and pretty! Then add in the Glow In The Dark diecut ghost and this card is a winner in my book!

***********************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & enjoy your day!
~Wendy


3 comments:

Carol L said...

This might just be my favorite set you've made so far, and it's because of those vibrant colors and the fun little scene you created. The colors look fantastic and that little glow in the dark ghost must look so fun in the dark too! I'm glad the news was good and that Shawn won't need surgery. Even though he has pain, it's great that it will heal on it's own with constant care. That must be a great way to start off your week I'm sure! I cleaned and put my fan away last week and turned off my a/c for the season, but I got the fan back out again yesterday and used it last night! I don't even know what to wear when I get up anymore LOL hugs

D'Ann said...

This set is super duper cute! Oh no, I might have to get it! The ghost is adorable and the sentiments are cute. I have kept all my Halloween sets over the years but I might have to make room for this one! :) TFS and have a great weekend!!

Vicki said...

OMG....so pretty!! Love them. 👻