Sunday, October 1, 2023

Spooks Galore

 Good (early) Morning & Happy Sunday! 
Happy October 1st!

We are up bright & early this morning as Shawn has an appointment to have his MRI at 6am!
That seems super early for an appointment but the sooner he gets it done the sooner we find out what's been going on with his knee. He will return on Wednesday afternoon to see the orthopedic doctor. I will let you know on Thursday the outcome...

So, today I have yet another set of Halloween cards to share with you and this set uses a very old stamp set called Spooks Galore. This set retired in 2000 and is just the cutest!






Card Details:

Stamps: Spooks Galore (retired-2000), All Year Cheer 3(retired)
Ink: Memento Black, Stampin Blends-Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Basic Black, Basic White, Cast A Spell DSP (retired-2009)
Accessories: Circle Layering Framelits (retired), White Twine, Halloween Night Enamel Dots (retired), Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I found this stamp alittle challenging to use because of it being wood mounted but also very long. It was hard to hold in my hands and my hands are not handling all that coloring so well. I did unmount it and used it on an acrylic block to help with control and getting it to stamp straight. This set has a long, tall witch, a ghost and this cute pumpkin in plus a nice saying for the inside that I unmounted, too!  The inside says:

Ghost and goblins, spooks galore,
Scary Witches at your door...
Jack o'lanterns smiling bright
Wishing you a happy haunting night!

I recently bought a picture to hang in my living room for Halloween with that saying on! 
I think it's super cute & perfect!

We are now in the home stretch of my Halloween card sets! A few more days then back to sharing some cards I made for Audrey's last card order. She is doing pretty well considering her cancer diagnosis again. She started her radiation last week and so far so good. I don't remember how many treatments she is to have but she is also doing her IV treatment as well. When I spoke to her on Thursday she said she has been having pain in her neck and was so afraid her cancer spread to there. Turns out she has arthritis in that area and doctor put her on Tylenol Arthritis 3 times a day to help. She was a little apprehensive on taking anything because she is 94 years old and is not on one single medicine! This day and age that is pretty unheard of but she is very healthy for a woman of her age. God Bless her in this journey. She says God is good and will see her through! 

***********************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a great start to your October!
~Wendy







2 comments:

Carol L said...

I really like this tall pumpkin with that little bow on top! It's so cute with those striking colorful papers and fun design. Still keeping Shawn in my prayers as well as Audrey. That is amazing she's not on any medicine and is relatively healthy. Have a great Sunday and I send you hugs for a beautiful Sunday.

Vicki said...

I love that Jack. O Lantern!!