Friday, August 14, 2015

Decorated Clear Boxes

Hello & Happy Friday!!!

TGIF!!!!

Such a lovely morning here in PA! I sure wish it'd stay this way but i'm sure by days end the humidity will be here. That's ok though, I will hang out this weekend in my stamp room and work on craft show items!

Yesterday the wheelchair people were here. We thought Ryan was getting a new chair but it turned out that insurance would not cover a new one so they ordered parts for his one chair. Turns out that it's quite the nightmare. The chair they bought parts for is the chair he got back in 2008 and it's too wide to fit through the doorways and too wide to even turn around in the bathroom. His knuckles got scrapped up trying to get into the bedroom & bathroom. This was addressed at the meeting that he needed a chair that was not so wide ( he only weighs 75 pounds at most so he doesn't need something really wide). Also he was to have longer arm pads for more support, nodda. The back piece & head support are very nice BUT it's too far forward and has him sitting almost leaning forward. Not sure what he will do about it but once Shawn seen it....they did some rearranging of things. Now let's go back to maybe his Kindergarten year when he received his first wheelchair. He still uses this one to this day, the only issue is, there is no back or head support. Shawn said he will make some changes and see if he can put the back piece over onto the very old chair. Ryan has used this chair hard since his kindergarten days and he knows how to maneuver it and get around good with it. Hopefully Shawn can make some adjustments and get it where Ryan needs it to be. Stay tuned for details on that!

So, while the wheelchair people were here yesterday I hung out downstairs with the 2 dogs so the dogs did not bother the people. I know Bailee would have licked them to death! LOL I worked on an adorable treat for Fall. Tell me what you think??





ETA:

Here are pictures of the box that were requested.





I found the clear boxes at a local store and filled them with some Caramel Hershey Kisses. I wrapped them with Color Me Autumn DSP from last year. My leaves are cut from the Autumn Accents Bigz Die that is also retired. I only got them when they retired last year so you will probably see me using alot of retired stuff for Fall. I embossed my leaves with the Woodgrain Embossing Folder. It really gives them some interest. I tied them all together with some Crushed Curry Twine and attached to my oval tag. I added an orange rhinestone to my oval and attached my tag with dimensionals. I love these!! A note to myself....I NEED to get more of these adorable boxes! I can see holiday ones decorated for a nice little gift. They would also accommodate a gift card inside as well!!! These would be great for a nice table place setting, too! The possibilities could be endless!


Hello Fall Boxes:

Stamps: For All Things
Ink: Soft Suede
Cardstock: Whisper White, Soft Suede, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Mossy Meadow, Color Me Autumn DSP
Accessories: Oval & Scallop Oval Punches, Autumn Accents Bigz Die, Crushed Curry Twine, Rhinestone, Dimensionals, Tombow Liquid Glue


That's all for today!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great weekend!
~Wendy

5 comments:

D'Ann said...

These boxes are super adorable! The leaves really do stand out! Now I wish I knew where you got those boxes! Cute, cute, cute!
Best wishes to you for Ryan and his chair situation. I hope it gets resolved.

Vicki Burdick said...

So cute Wendy!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice boxes

tljwlj said...

What does the box look like without stuff on it. THAT WOULD HELP US FIND THEM. thanks

Cindy Linthicum said...

I love these! Where did you find the boxes? You are just north of me in PA, and since you said you found them locally, I'm curious where. They would be great at Christmas for all the delivery drivers that stop by work.