Saturday, August 1, 2015

Recycled Seashell Tin

Hello & Happy Saturday!

I'm updating today on a new laptop that Ryan gave me! My laptop was getting so slow and keys were falling off. He did not have this laptop very long but hardly ever used it since he has an I-Pad. It was like Christmas! :) Anyways, it's alot for me to get use to and SO much faster and even better, now I can hear when watching tutorials! The volume is pretty loud on this thing! I am one happy mama! Thanks Ryan!!!

Today really got away from me!
I crafted the whole afternoon in between doing laundry and potty runs for the dogs. Shawn was out doing yard work most of the afternoon so I did not have any distractions! Yipppeee!
I started work on Christmas craft show things! I'm not slacking this year! LOL Once I was done I hurried up and grabbed this tin and recycled it into something pretty cool for Shawn.
Let's get to it!

This is what I started out with, a yummy treat of caramel popcorn!



I wrapped it with some seashell paper from K & Company and made my tag. I stamped & fussy cut the seashells out and attached them to my tag with dimensionals. I added Marina Mist Chevron Ribbon and tied a bow around it with some natural twine, My tag is attached to the can with dimensionals. I have Marina Mist 1/8 retired Taffeta Ribbon around the lid with 2 Sided Tape, My lid is decorated with a Scallop Circle of Marina Mist that was cut with Nestibilities and a Circle was cut with the same seashell paper that's on the can. I filled my Guesseted Cello Bag with some of the yummy caramel popcorn and tied it closed with Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon, 





This cardstock on the lid is actually Marina Mist. It almost looks like Pool Party in the picture.







I made this treat for Shawn today! He does so much for me and just wanted him to know how much I appreciate him!  He loved the popcorn and kindly shared it with me! Awwww! He's the best!


Seashell Tin:

Stamps: sentiment from CC Stamp Designs, By the Seashore (retired)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Marina Mist
Cardstock: Marina Mist, Whisper White, Seashell Paper from K & Company
Accessories: Circle & Scallop Circle Nestibilities, Ornate Tag Topper Punch, Marina Mist Chevron & 1/8 Taffeta Ribbons, Twine, Gusseted Cello Bag, Sponge, Dimensionals, 2 Sided Tape


Hope you liked my recycled tin! 


That's all for today!
It's about time for bed here so guess i'm going to wish you all a goodnight!
Sweet dreams and thanks for stopping by!
~Wendy

2 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

Love that paper, is so colorful!! Great little gift for Shawn!!!

Bonnie said...

Awesome!