Sunday, February 19, 2017

Fun Happy Birthday Card

Hello & Happy Sunday!

Boy, what a gorgeous weekend!
We hit 69 degrees yesterday and I spent the whole day inside crafting!
Not what I wanted to do but since hubby worked all day...a walk just wasn't in the plans.
I was able to make a nice supper for us and get a few cards made. I also spent some time going over my card rack to see what type of cards were needed. Masculine, Get Well & Baby cards are on the list.

The card I have to share today is one I have been meaning to make for awhile. My friend, Carol, makes such fabulous herringbone technique cards and since my afternoon was wide open.....I tried my hand at it! 
The day wasn't a total waste afterall.




So, I had this vision of using the Party Animal DSP for my herringbone because it's quite colorful and I wanted to use this set called Balloon Adventures. There are some really great sayings in the set (just sayin')! I cut my strips at a 1/2 inch and went from there. Not sure if I did it correctly but i'm happy with how it turned out. 

Happy Birthday Card:

Stamps: Balloon Adventure
Ink: Pacific Point
Cardstock: Pacific Point, Crushed Curry, Whisper White, Party Animal DSP
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Tangerine Tango Satin Ribbon, Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

*************************************************
My thoughts today......


Well, that is all for me today!
Going to head out to enjoy the day...hopefully on my new bike! 

Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy

4 comments:

Carol L said...

You chose some of the most perfect papers to make a herringbone design, and it turned out festive and fun! I adore that birthday sentiment and love that you stamped it in a matching blue color to the dsp! Wonderful card, and thanks for the shoutout! I always do this technique when my table gets overloaded with snippets of dsp too small to do anything else with! I may try 1/2" next time instead of 1/4" because I'm sure it goes much faster!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Excellent pops of bright happy colors! <3

LeAnne said...

Hope you were able to get outside today, Wendy! Another gorgeous day, another wonderful card!! Love the bright colors!

Janice M said...

I've seen Carol's card with this technique too but haven't tried it yet! You rocked it! My masculine stash is always low cause they are my least favorite to do. Hope you got out in the sunshine today. We walked around the flea mkt in Thomasville for a bit. I was a GORGEOUS day/weekend!!