Thursday, February 9, 2017

A Valentine Card & Treat

Hello & Happy Thursday!

How many of you woke up to snow this morning?
Yea, it's crazy after a few days of 50's & 60's that today we have very cold temps and snow! I was really hoping we'd get thru winter without any this year.
Yesterday we had a high temperature of 64 and it was so nice! I had windows open to air out the house and the doggies just loved playing in the yard! 
My hubby is working from home due to the weather and that's just fine with me!

So today I have a card and a yummy candy treat to share!
These were fun to create!



I was asked to create this card for a child so I dug thru my stamps and pulled out my Animal Valentines stamp set from early 2000. I've used this set many of times for Valentines for my kids when they were little. I used the dog for this one and some retired Loves Me DSP. I made my card a Gatefold type and used the ribbon to keep it closed.

Happy Valentines Day Card:

Stamp: Animal Valentines (retired), sentiment from Toucan my Love (retired)
Ink: Memento Black, Copic Markers
Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Regal Rose, Whisper White, Loves Me DSP
Accessories: Stitched Framelits, Teal Taffeta Ribbon, Clear Wink of Stella, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

It feels good to use up some of my older stash!

************

My sweet treat is a pouch that is filled with Dove Milk Chocolate Hearts. There are 4 hearts in each pouch. I made these for Halloween and filled them with Kit Kat bars. You can see them here.

These measure 2 X 11 scored at 5 & 6 and then used the Scallop Tag Topper Punch to punch both ends. I used a small piece of 2 sided tape to adhere the cello bag inside then tied a piece of ribbon thru the ends to hold the pouch together. I cut my pouches out of Melon Mambo cardstock then added patterned paper that I think came from Hobby Lobby last year. My sentiment panel was cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits (LOVE THESE!). My sentiment comes from All Year Cheer 3 that is retired too. The row of hearts is from the Sending Love Bundle.
The Dove Chocolates are packed in a 2 X 8 SU Cello Bag that I cut at 5 to fit in my pouches.



I enjoy making these pouches!

Valentines Day Pouches:

Stamps: All Year Cheer 3, Sending Love Bundle
Ink: Basic Black Archival, Melon Mambo
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Whisper White, The Paper Studio DSP
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Scallop Tag Topper Punch, 2 X 8 Cello Bags, Rhinestones, Various Melon Mambo Ribbon, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

**************************************************
My thoughts today......



What a difference a day makes!

That's all for me today!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

2 comments:

Carol L said...

What a fun doggie that is on your gatefold card, and I love the coordinating ribbon closing the gatefold design! The treat pouches are adorable, and I'm just loving the sketchy heart dsp you used again! Fun treat containers and so creative! I'm not going outside today either. It's brutally cold with high winds and blowing snow! it's a good day to stay in and snuggle :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Good for you for pulling out that older set. Too cute, Wendy... and I see we got a Two-fer today. Not just a card but treats also. I am with Carol.... just love the designer paper that has made another appearance.