Monday, February 27, 2017

Tornado & HB Cards

Hello & Happy Monday!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!
Here in south central PA we had a bit of excitement with a powerful cold front that came thru Saturday afternoon. My older brother lives in Wrightsville, PA. It was determined yesterday that an EF-1 tornado came thru causing much damage around town. 
Here is a picture of my brother's house.


This picture was on the local news & newspaper yesterday.
The neighbors tree fell on my sister in laws car and also did damage to their house.
Thankfully, they are ok but i'm sure pretty shaken up!
I use to live right down the street from my brother before we sold our house & moved to Missouri in 2010. There was quite a bit of damage in the neighborhood and most are without power. 
After living a year in the midwest and witnessing the aftermath of the EF-5 tornado that went thru  Joplin, Missouri that spring...you just can't wrap your head around it. 

Sending my heartfelt thoughts & prayers to everyone affected by this storm...

******************************

Anyways, I have 2 quick cards to share today that I whipped up last week.
I just love this Balloon Adventure bundle!





The only stamping on these is the sentiment. 
The DSP does most of the work which I love!

Balloon Adventure HB Card:

Stamps: Balloon Adventures
Ink: Tangerine Tango
Cardstock: Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point, Whisper White, Party Animal DSP
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Crushed Curry & Emerald Envy 1/8 Taffeta Ribbon, Glue Dots, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

That paper just makes these cards! So many different prints & designs!

**********************************

My thoughts today.....


I'm all for it!

That's all for today!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

5 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Oh my, what a darn shame. Sounds like we may be in for more on Wednesday. This is such a great card. All of the dies I own, and I do not have stitched squares. I must see to it that I get that resolved...LOL! I love those bright, happy papers that you used. Happy Monday!

LeAnne said...

Wowza, what a scare! Thank the Lord your family is okay, what a scare! We didn't have any winds like that, just lots of rain! Your cards are delightful! Happy and cheerful, GREAT b-day cards! You put your stamping time to good use!

Janice M said...

Glad your brother and sister in law are ok! Those storms were fast and crazy. Fun an festive birthday cards! I like the way you did the 2 squares opposite each other, very cool!

JD/ Jill said...

So glad to hear that your brother and his family was not hurt...but so sad to have a tree fall on the car (been there done that!) Hopefully not much damage to the house...(Last year we had a tree limb fall on our house, we were so fortunate that it did NOT fall straight down if it would have...I don't want to think of the damage it would have caused...it fell sideways and just knocked off some rain spout on the side of the roof).

Carol L said...

That's a shame about your SIL's car, and even worse that the house was damaged, but that's nothing compared to that twister that leveled Joplin MO! I was so worried about you knowing you lived there at the time and was so grateful to learn you were OK. Whew! I thought we were going to have one touch down this past Saturday as the wind was howling like a freight train for a good 15 minutes. Thank goodness there was no damage and we dodged another bullet! We're looking at another round of storms on Wednesday, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
I absolutely love the sentiment stamped on this pretty card! It's so festive with all those great colors and papers! Fun card for sure! Have a great week ahead!