Saturday, August 7, 2021

Biggest Wish Thank You!

 Hello & Happy Saturday!

It's been a crazy week to say the least!
We recently had our roof replaced on our house and in the process it was noticed that our back porch roof was falling apart. The roofer found that all the wood beams on it was rotted and was heavy from water damage. Shawn just had them tear it down and continue on with putting shingles on the roof. We went 2 weeks without a roof covering our back porch and that was a really big adjustment....atleast to me and the dogs! We had a builder come in and rebuild us another roof over the concrete porch this past week. It's super big and very sturdy now (might be the sturdiest thing in my house!)! This week the roofer will come back and shingle it now that it's done. I will be glad when the hammering is all over!

So, yesterday I ran off to my stamp room to get away from all the pounding and created a few cards. I need some Thank You cards for my customers so this was one I made to send out on Monday!



I kept it simple but really liked the outcome!
This started with a Misty Moonlight cardbase then a layer of the Pattern Party DSP. The Pattern Party DSP is a hostess only item and it comes 12 x 12 in a super big pack! Many different prints & patterns that can be used all year long!
My Basic White panel was diecut using the NEW Basic Borders Dies from the Stampin Up! Annual Catalog. I stamped my sentiment from the Biggest Wish stamp set in Misty Moonlight and added Misty Moonlight Ribbon. The flowers came from the Pierced Blooms Dies which are absolutely beautiful! I diecut them in coordinating colors from the DSP. Lastly, I added a few rhinestones and called this one done! I love it!

Card Details:

Stamps: Biggest Wish
Ink: Misty Moonlight
Cardstock: Misty Moonlight, Granny Apple Green, Balmy Blue, Pale Papaya, Basic White, Pattern Party DSP (hostess item)
Accessories: Basic Borders Dies, Pierced Blooms Dies, Misty Moonlight Ribbon (retired), Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


Well, today it's to get in the 90's so I will be in hiding once I get my bedsheets washed and hung out to dry! I hope to add a bit of stamping time in there, too!

*************************************************
My thoughts today...


Just an FYI for today and the next week!
Another heatwave is upon us!
Can you tell that I am not a fan of the heat & humidity...
Blah!
Stay cool, my friends!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great (but cool) day!
~Wendy



2 comments:

LeAnne said...

That DSP is the cutest...I am going to have to put in a big order just so I can get some! Love the colors in this card, I think I'll make one similar to it today! Hope all that hammering is done soon! It's worth it but annoying while it's happening!

Carol L said...

This card design is so pretty with that flower and those wonderful papers! I just love how you put this all together and the colors are fabulous! I'm glad you got your roofing all fixed and now hopefully nothing else will break for a while! I had to replace my crock pot and toaster today - both went poof and I can't live without either one! LOL stay cool and have a great weekend!