Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sketch Challenge 371


Hello & Happy Thursday!!

Hope your all having a great day so far!
It started snowing here in PA before noon time and from what I can see from my window, it's laying on the trees & grass. Not sure about the roads since the last few days have hit 50 degrees!
The snow always paints a beautiful scenery picture, doesn't it?

Today is Sketch Challenge day over at Splitcoaststampers. Below is the sketch that Holly threw out at us and my sample.





I needed a card for some friends of ours from the Scion car club. Their baby is due on Leap Year so I wanted to make sure I got it done in time before she goes into labor! Edgar & Amy are very good friends of ours and we're excited for them welcoming a new little one into their lives!


Sketch Challenge 371 Card:

Stamps: Riley & Company, Verve Sentment
Ink: Memento Black, Copic Markers
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Neenah White
Accessories: Circle Nestibilities, Snow Dots & Herringbone EF's, Blue Satin Ribbon from AC Moore, SU Basic Pearls, Dimensionals, Scor Tape


Then today Kelsey ran out to grab our mail and found this SUPER ADORABLE card in there from a blogging friend that I had the pleasure of meeting last May at a stamping get together at L & L Stamps! Mary Anne, this card blew me away! It's so pretty and I love looking at all the interesting things on it! Also it's a gate fold card and I love those! The hearts, pearls, butterflies, rhinestones.....are all so pretty & perfectly placed! BUT, most of all....the surprise of receiving a beautiful hand made card in the mail is just AWESOME! Thank you so much for thinking of me! I love it! :)


Well, that's all for now!
Hubby is on his way home from work so I need to go get my supper made so I can come back to my stamp/family room to watch American Idol later tonight! It's Hollywood week so this will be interesting! :)

Thanks again for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy

4 comments:

Carol L said...

What a darling baby card with that cute Riley image! I love how you interpreted the sketch - one that had me completely baffled!
Mary Anne makes gorgeous cards doesn't she? I got one too that I need to photograph and post :)

JD/ Jill said...

Cute back card...and that's a lovely card that you received from Mary Anne!

Rose Ann said...

Your Riley sketch card is adorable, and beautifully colored! I love the great texture too!!

Beautiful RAK as well!! Love those butterflies!

Janice M said...

What a sweet baby card Wendy! Love all the little pearls you added.