Thursday, May 26, 2022

Nuts About Squirrels

 Good Morning & Happy Thursday, Everyone!

It's a gloomy start to the day here in south central Pennsylvania and it's been on the cool side which I guess is better than the hot, humid weather we had last weekend.
As we prepare to head into the Memorial Day weekend they say it's to get warm & muggy with chances of storms here & there. Next week though we could reach temps in the 90's again.

Today I have a sweet treat project to share that I whipped up yesterday using a tutorial that has been printed out and laying on my stamp table since before Christmas last year. It looked complicated so I kept putting it off. Yesterday was the day I finally tried it and to my surprise it was far from complicated! I will be making more of these, for sure!

This is a Diagonal Top Lid Box that I made and put a Little Debbie pack of Nutty Bars inside.
Shawn loves these and so I wanted to make it for him.



Here is the link if your interested in making one.

I have had the Nuts About Squirrels stamp set for awhile now but did not get the chance to ink it up until yesterday. It came out in the 2021 July - December Mini Catalog and had carried over. It is in the new Stampin Up! Annual Catalog which means it will be around for another year! YAY! 

Card Details:

Stamps: Nuts About Squirrels
Ink: Soft Suede, Cinnamon Cider (retired)
Cardstock: Cinnamon Cider (retired), Basic White, Soft Suede, Cinnamon Cider DSP (retired)
Accessories: Stylish Shapes Dies, Circle Layering Framelits, Cinnamon Cider Ribbon (retired), Metallic Dots, 1/2 Circle Punch (for notched lid), Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I have customers that love anything Little Debbie and I will be making more of these down the road as a little treat to say Thank You or even Merry Christmas!
And BTW, Shawn loved the box and was checking it out as to how it was made!
Very easy and quite simple! Give it a try!

***********************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy




2 comments:

Carol L said...

Oh my what a cute box! TFS the tutorial to make it too! I LOVE that little squirrel image with the fun sentiment! This is such a perfect and adorable little surprise box to share with others! Great parting words you left us with today also. I try live with that idea every day! Happy Thursday!

D'Ann said...

So cute! You did a great job on this. I also love Little Debbie's but they can be hard to locate here. Still, I am considering this set. :)