Thursday, October 20, 2022

Happy Jacks for Halloween

 Good Morning & Happy Thursday!

The last few days have been a bit on the cold side with frost & freeze warnings here.
I wasn't quite ready for it to be that cold just yet but they say it's to be short lived and it will warm up the next several days. 
Yesterday I spent some time at my stamp table working on projects for the next Stamp Day w/ Friends get together. I have 1 more kit to do before I can get something scheduled with the girls but I don't think today will be the day. With this cold weather my hands are aching and I think I need to let them rest. However, I do have some laundry waiting on me and I want to make some soup for supper tonight. Best way to beat the cold is with soup!

Today I have a cute card & a treat to share with you that I made last week for Audrey.
She requested another pack of the Jack o' Lantern cards with no saying on and also asked if I had any of the Halloween Oreo Cookie Packs this year. I did but never got around to making anything with them since I was sick.
First I will share the cards then the treat!





I only had scraps of this pretty Black & White paper leftover from the cards I made her previously but I figured I'd use up what I had! This paper is from the Plaid Tidings DSP from a few years ago. One of the nicest paper packs Stampin Up! ever had in my opinion.

Card Details:

Stamps: Harvest Hello's (retired)
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede, Granny Apple Green, Basic Black Archival (retired)
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Basic White, Granny Apple Green, Soft Suede, Plaid Tidings DSP (retired)
Accessories: Apple Builder Punch (retired), Tasteful Textile 3D EF (retired), Linen Thread, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

They are such cute cards and I'm happy with how they turned out!

Next up are the Halloween Oreo Packs...




I only had 7 packs of the Halloween Oreo's left,
Shawn has been hitting them up! LOL
Then after rummaging thru my stamp drawers I found these small 2x2x2 Kraft Boxes that Stampin Up! carried awhile back and I only had 7 of them left! Just what I needed for my Oreo's! I cut 1 3/4 square pieces of the Gingham Cottage DSP and lined all 5 sides of my boxes.
Then I stamped and punched my Happy Jack o' Lanterns and assembled them. I put them on my boxes with Dimensionals. And then put the sentiment panels on top with Dimensionals.
Again, I was so pleased with them and so was Audrey!

Project Details:

Stamps: Harvest Hello's (retired), Wonderfully Wicked (retired)
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black Archival (retired), Granny Apple Green, Soft Suede
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede, Granny Apple Green, Basic White, Gingham Cottage DSP
Accessories: Apple Builder Punch, Circle Layering Framelits, Stylish Shapes Dies, Linen Thread, Black Matte Dots, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


Sometimes it's great that we hang on to the retired things and the Harvest Hello's set is one that will stay with me until I simply cannot stamp any longer! It is one of the cutest non scary Halloween/ Fall sets ever!

**********************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & I hope you have a happy day!
~Wendy






3 comments:

D'Ann said...

Love both the cards and the treats! They are adorable. Wish we had your weather here where it's been pretty hot humid and sunny. Thanks for always sharing your wonderful ideas!

Carol L said...

I adore these fun little pumpkin boxes! They're beyond cute with that smiling jack-o-lantern face! I always enjoy seeing the great treats you make for Halloween! Love love love those plaid cards for Audrey too! Great design with those wonderful plaid panels!

Vicki said...

So sweet!