Monday, October 17, 2022

Trick or Treat, Your SO Sweet

 Good Morning & Happy Monday!

I hope you had a fabulous weekend!
We had some lovely Fall weather here and Saturday I had my Stamp Day w/ Friends!
It's been a long 2 months since I last seen them so it was nice to catch up!
I will share our projects as soon as I get pictures of them.

Today I wanted to share with you the Hershey Bar Wrappers I made for Halloween.
I haven't made them for Halloween in awhile and I felt the Scary Cute Bundle was perfect for the design. I made 6 and sold 5 so I am happy about that!





I stamped my little Trick or Treaters on Parakeet Party cardstock using Basic Black Archival ink that Stampin Up! had out a few years ago. This ink is much deeper and stamps better than the Memento Black. Although the Basic Black Archival ink is retired I find myself using it every year for Halloween cards for the deeper and more black images. I used my Stamparatus for this to make sure I got the perfect images. Worked like a charm!

I have been making this Hershey Bar Wrappers for many years.
 I got the directions off Splitcoaststampers back in the early 2000's when I first got into stamping and have always made them for the Christmas Craft Shows. 
They sold like hot cakes!

Project Details:

Stamps: Scary Cute
Ink: Basic Black Archival, Gorgeous Grape
Cardstock: Parakeet Party, Basic Black, Basic White, Black & White Designs DSP
Accessories: Scary Silhouettes Dies, 1 1/2 in Circle Punch (notch on the top of wrapper-retired), White Glittered Ribbon, Paper Crimper (retired), Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

If your interested in making your own Candy Bar Wrappers, below are the directions. 
I found the Halloween Hershey Bars at my local grocery store (Giant) back at the end of August so I'm not sure if they are still available but you can always use just the regular Hershey Bars as well. 

Directions for the Candy Bar Wrappers:

Cut cardstock at 6 3/4 X 6.
With the 6" side facing you on the paper cutter you want to score at 2 3/4 and again at 5 1/2.
Take your bone folder and give the scores a nice crease. Glue the bottom & side with a heavy duty adhesive. Take a paper crimper and crimp the bottom that you glued. That also helps to keep it glued together. The top of the candy bar wrapper you want to use a 1 1/2" Circle Punch. Punch only a half moon circle which is half way down, do not punch the whole circle, just half. Then decorate and have fun!
These make a cute little gift at anytime of the year!


They are so much fun and who doesn't love a Hershey's Chocolate Bar!

************************************
My thoughts today...


That is scary! I thought this morning that my Keurig broke because it wasn't brewing my coffee. Here I must have been still sleeping when I hit the button and it just sat there. I never closed the lid on the K-Cup! LOL
I am off to get my day started and to start picking at a puzzle!
Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful start to your week!
~Wendy


3 comments:

Carol L said...

awww, these are so cute and a great way to wrap up a good Hershey bar! TFS the directions too - I'm glad you're still able to make your treats since your hands were hurting so much last year! No coffee?! OMG, that IS scary! LOL

D'Ann said...

These are always my favorite and I look forward to these wrappers to see what you have designed! Hopefully the weather cools down and I'll make some this year. I love that set you used which is just perfect for these!

Vicki said...

Love these the colors on the candy match your paper perfectly!