Sunday, May 9, 2021

Teacher Retirement

 Good Morning & Happy Sunday!

Happy Mother's Day to all my friends! 
I have been so busy with working on an card order that Mother's Day snuck up on me this year! I did not make or send a single card this year but please know I appreciate all the friends that sent cards to me wishing me a lovely Mother's Day!
 I am truly blessed by each of them and wishing them a special day as well!

Today is also my dear hubby's birthday! 
He is on call for work so we have nothing planned.
I remember last year on his birthday we were painting the downstairs which took us days even with Kelsey's help! I'm so glad that job is done!

Today I am sharing a card that I made for my card lady's recent order. She knows a woman that has been teaching at a local Catholic school that is retiring after 47 years! This is the card I made for her using the retired Harvest Hello's stamp set!
It's truly a great set and one that I have used many times in the last several years!
I won't be parting with this one!




Card Details:

Stamps: Harvest Hello's (retired), Wild About Flowers (retired)
Ink: Real Red, Soft Suede, Granny Apple Green, Whisper White Craft Pad, Versamark 
Cardstock: Real Red, Basic Black, Basic White, Soft Suede, Granny Apple Green, Pattern Party DSP
Accessories: Apple Builder Punch, Stitched Rectangle Framelits, White Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Sponge, Linen Thread, Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


This one was very fun to create as I got a chance to break out the White Embossing Powder & Heat Gun to do a bit of embossing! 
I love doing the chalkboard technique with using the Whisper White Craft inkpad and sponging ink on the black cardstock to dirty it up so to speak. It really gives the black cardstock the look of being a chalkboard!
So much fun!

My card lady said she was really pleased with this one and was happy I did not make one with flowers on for this card!
Truth be told, I almost gave her one with flowers on then I thought about using that adorable apple and the flower card went out the window! LOL
I'm so happy she loved it!

********************************************
My thoughts today...

A big ole Happy Birthday wish for my dear sweet wonderful hubby!
Wishing him a wonderful day!

Thanks for stopping by & enjoy your day!
~Wendy





2 comments:

D'Ann said...

Happy Mother's Day!! This is so pretty! Love the chalkboard look you created. It's perfect for the 6 teacher tags I need to make today for my grandkids so will give this a try. Thank you for sharing!

Carol L said...

I hope your mother's day was just perfect! What a wonderful teacher card with that big red apple and chalkboard look! It's so pretty! Happy belated birthday wishes to your hubs too - what a day for celebration huh? Have a good week ahead!