Friday, March 4, 2022

Irish Blessings & Rae Dunn

 Hello & Happy Friday, Everyone!

Today's blog post is going to be a long one so i'm going to get right to it!

St Patrick's Day is right around the corner along with Spring!
I always try to make St Patrick's Day cards every year and send a few out to friends.
This year I was way ahead of the game as I made these back in January on a very cold day!
I went to my stamp table and just pulled out a bunch of stuff and started playing around.





I started with a single piece of Basic White cardstock measuring 4 x 5 1/4.
I pulled out the Basic Patterns Decorative Masks and a new Blending Brush and got it all dirty in the Garden Green inkpad. I lightly sponged the ink onto my white cardstock. Some area's I made really dark and some very light. I loved the contrast! This was the start of my St Patrick's Day cards!
My sentiment is from My Sentiments Exactly which I stamped in Garden Green and diecut with the Stitched Rectangle Framelits. The Gold Foil Paper was diecut with a scallop die from the Brilliant Rainbow Dies. I cut 2 for each card and placed them on either side of my sentiment panel. My 3 Leaf Clover is from Impression Obsession and I used Garden Green cardstock. I added that with Mini Dimensionals at the bottom of my sentiment panel. Lastly, I added some non SU Gold Rhinestones for sparkle!

Card Details:

Stamps: Irish Blessings (My Sentiments Exactly)
Ink: Garden Green
Cardstock: Garden Green, Basic White, Gold Foil Paper
Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Framelits, Brilliant Rainbow Dies, Basic Pattern Decorative Masks, Impression Obsession Clover Die, Gold Rhinestones, Mini Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

And before I go, I have my St Patrick's Day decorations to share!

This first picture is of my kitchen table.
All of the goodies have been found at Hobby Lobby or Home Goods stores.
2 of the Rae Dunn mugs I bought off of Ebay but everything else we found at either Home Goods or Marshall's. 



The tiered tray Kelsey gave me and I decided this year I was going to do my best to find things small enough to fit in it. Sadly, my Rae Dunn mugs do not fit it. Everything on it came from Hobby Lobby except for the green beads.....not sure where they came from as I have had them for years! The LUCKY tray and the shamrock plate came from Marshall's on a lucky find!  I filled my plate with Ande's Thin Mints for St Patrick's Day!


My picture table has a few things on for St Patrick's Day, too! 
 I haven't really found much else.
 All the decorations on this table came from Home Goods except the shamrock pillow and the wire basket on the far right hand side. They came from Target's Dollar Spot. The wire basket has a few Rae Dunn mugs inside of it, 2 St Patrick's Day bowls that I have fake gold coins in and a Lucky Charms sign. On top of my basket is a wood lid that is made to sit on top. I found the fake stack of wooden books at Home Goods. Maybe next year I will find more fun things for St Patrick's Day!



And lastly is my favorite shelf in the whole house!
I love decorating this for every holiday!


The Leprechan Treats Canister is Rae Dunn and a very lucky find by Kelsey!
When she gave it to me i'm sure my jaw hit the floor because finding the canisters are very hard! She gave it to me since she does not decorate for St Patrick's Day.
The shamrock flowerpot and the Rae Dunn mugs we found at Home Goods. The signs came from Marshall's as well as the garland! The green gumball machine has shamrocks on top and I found that at Hobby Lobby and filled it with more Ande's Thin Mints. What is hard to see in this picture is a strand of fairy lights that have shamrocks on that light up! They really set this shelf alive in the evenings when they are lit! They came from Hobby Lobby, too! Most of the Rae Dunn items were found right after Christmas and I did not hesitate to grab it because it seems St Patrick's Day things are harder to find. 
It all just makes me smile!
Shawn always says he likes how it looks once everything is decorated! 
He even helps shop for it!

I hope you enjoyed seeing my other hobby besides stamping!
I'm learning as I go!
Next up will be Easter but I promise I will wait to share that next month!

That is all for now!
I'll be back soon with more stamped goodies!

**********************************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a lucky day!
~Wendy















2 comments:

LeAnne said...

The cards are amazing but I really love seeing your decorations! I just started decorating for St Pat's so my collection is way way smaller than yours...just a couple of things! I love all of yours, you've inspired me to decorate a wee bit more!

Carol L said...

You are a decorating QUEEN Wendy! Your decorations just floor me and I love what you've put together for St. Patrick's day! I have an Irish streak in my blood, so I'm just gushing over everything - especially those 2 mugs with the leprechauns!! Everything looks wonderful and so inviting, so all you need is an ice cold pitcher of beer and a gang of friends to celebrate! BTW, I love the cards too! You really did a great job on the cards with that pretty green dotted paper and those little shamrock accents with the hidden coins! I miss decorating my house for holidays, but I've never been anywhere close to the level you've reached! I'm very impressed :)